PDA

View Full Version : Asus Support: A+, IMHO...

arDAWG65
03-04-2004, 12:59 PM
I shall preface this w/ the fact that many threads/ posts that you see in various forums usually involve someone p.o.'ed @ a particular company or their product (often due to their own mistake, but on that point I digress... ;) ).
Today I dealt w/ AsusTek Support on an issue, albeit a minor one in the overall scheme of things, and was highly impressed. Recently I purchased 2 refurbed A7n8x's from Newegg--a del (rev 2.0) and a non-del (1.04 :( )---that came "barebones." I read on the Newegg review site that one could buy the accessory kit for these boards by contacting Asus. Sooooo, I hopped over to the AsusUSA support site & clicked contact Asus. Intially, I called the wrong number, but I got through rather quickly & was cordially given the # for the RMA dept. Next I called the RMA dept &, once again after a short time on hold, spoke w/ a very polite individual. She took my info & stated that 2 backplates (for my mobos) would be mailed out today. I also got the price and address to sent $'s for the accessory kit for the del. board. The price for this kit is a mere $20 w/ ground S&H. If one considers all the stuff that comes w/ the A7N8x del. board, that's a deal....Esp. w/ local dealers here wanting $30 for a sata cable and a sata->atx power converter....:mad: I have seen (in the refurb section @ the 'egg) other companies wanting much more for lesser accessories than the deluxe offers (seem to recall one being $60 or something outrageous like that). I also own an ep0x 8rda+ and it's rather laughable that the price of the entire Asus acces. kit (for a refurbed board, nonetheless) is less than what ep0x wants for the S/Pdif d-bracket!!!! And that's when you buy the board new (though it would prolly be the same for refurbs). IMO, Asus should be congratulated for offering a level of support that's more than several notches above other companies w/ which I have dealt. :D