PDA

View Full Version : Sign the Sam & Max 2 petition !

interman
03-04-2004, 08:40 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?LACOSAM

do it now! it probably won't make much of a difference, but it cant hurt

DeusEx
03-12-2004, 06:57 AM
Done.

sky
03-13-2004, 05:13 PM
aite .. this is against the cancellation of sam 'n max 2? i mean.. yeah i liked the first one alot - and dang is that really 10 yrs since i played it? - but did you guys see the previews of this sequel? i'm all for adventure games and stuff - still think the first monkey island was one of the best adventures ever (just to show off back then that the pc will eventually own the amiga - and that it did :D ) or maybe even zak mc kracken from 1989 (my first pc game) - but what i saw of sam & max 2 would justify the cancellation in itself. sorry to have to say that. the trailer was sharp - and i liked it.. their humor was always the best part, but damn if i find the pics, i'll post em.

sky
03-15-2004, 09:09 AM
this is a quote of steve purcell, creator of the original sam & max:

Originally written by Steve Purcell, creator of Sam & Max
LucasArts' sudden decision to stop production on Sam & Max is mystifying. Sam & Max was on schedule and coming together beautifully.

I couldn't have been more pleased with the quality of the writing, gameplay, hilarious animation and the gorgeous 3D world that Mike Stemmle's team has created. The rug has been pulled out from under this brilliant team who've so expertly retooled Sam & Max for the 21st century.

I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed especially for the team who have devoted so much effort and creativity to Sam & Max. It's a shame to think that their accomplishments, as well as the goodwill that has been growing in the gaming press toward this project, will all go to waste due to this shortsighted decision.

Thanks everyone, for continuing to make your feelings known.

--Steve Purcell

here (http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/news/showfile.php?id=1535&category=advnews)'s the page where that quote was originally posted

Soulburner
03-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Maybe someone else will pick it up and finish it.

interman
03-15-2004, 02:16 PM
nah, lucasarts protects its brands with whatever claws it has. if they don't change their mind then you can forget about ever seeing it, unless some fans make something of their own, but without the original artists and voice talents it won't be any good

sky
03-16-2004, 01:10 AM
anyone seen the vga (con)version of zak mckracken done by some fans? i didn't play it, just downloaded it as it was free. but it really looked good, and there was no voice acting in the original, so no big loss there. but i agree, with sam & max it would be a loss - if you've seen the trailers, you know what i mean - those dialogues were really darn funny

lalPOOO
03-16-2004, 03:46 AM
Lucasarts is going down the :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:hole in my opinion. It seems the only thing they're interested in releasing is crappy remix console games and the odd good game or two.
Absurd though, starting up 3 games and then cancelling 2 of them about 2 years down the road. I won't be at all surprised if the leasure suit larry game gets the chop as well.

interman
03-16-2004, 06:43 AM
like yesterday lucas arts announced a new game called Mercenaries; an action game for the ps2 and xbox. so they ditch something a large portion of their fanbase really wanted, and go for some piece of crap console action game that no one will even notice.