PDA

View Full Version : SP1/Critical Updates Gone Bad!?!?!?!!

FlyingHamster
03-03-2004, 06:16 AM
I just reformatted last night, and of course had to install SP1. For some strange reason, SP1 seemed to take a much longer time to install time than it usually. is 7-10 minutes normal?

Then after that, I was installing the rest of the 20-sumthing critical updates, and right in the middle of installing some of them, the whole computer restarted. I got back into windows, and went back to the win update site, and it had 4 criticals left. So I tried to install them. It downloaded them all really fast, but then when it starts to install them, then bar gets about 1/3 of the way complete, the computer restarts, or it gives me an error and says it was no successfull.

also, strange enough.. I cant install the new SiSoft Sandra SP1. Everytime I start to install, it stops and gives me an error saying one of the files is corrupt. Ive tried d/l it from different sites but get the same result every time.

my computer was at stock speeds. is there anything I can do? any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

John Cena
03-03-2004, 08:48 AM
It has gotten strange for me

What took about 6 minutes now take 30 minutes.

Installing service pack takes HALF AN HOUR on a Highspeed computer + connection!!! I think they might have added some stuff or something.

But if your computer restarts I think something is wrong

Smizack
03-03-2004, 08:04 PM
I had some problems with sp1 as well. I just reverted back.

Karnivore
03-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Just did a clean install a couple days ago, SP1A, was not anything abnormal, over 5 mins, but under 10. Guesstimate, but relatively close.

Karnivore
03-03-2004, 08:16 PM
I should add that I normally do SP1 from an archived DVD, but this was SP1A Express install, it seemed pretty close to my normal.

Bah, this was supposed to be an edit..