PDA

View Full Version : bandwidth moniter(Per application)

piercedandtatto
02-27-2004, 12:15 AM
I'm trying to find a bandwidth monitering program that can moniter each applications bandwidth usage . I have 5 duel xeons wich I can moniter the total usage from each server but i would like to know how much bandwidth each application on each server is using per second and total monthly. I run game servers, ftp and now shoutcast servers as well. Does anyone know of a specific program that can do this for me? Also i would like to be able to limit monthly bandwidth to certain applications if possible!

antipop
02-27-2004, 05:19 AM
I use the sygate firewall and it tells me how much bandwidth is using an application but i don't know if it has a lot of options as i don't use them

Ulfar
02-27-2004, 06:14 AM
yah sygate firewall works, I think any firewall will tell u.

piercedandtatto
02-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by piercedandtatto
I'm trying to find a bandwidth monitering program that can moniter each applications bandwidth usage . I have 5 duel xeons wich I can moniter the total usage from each server but i would like to know how much bandwidth each application on each server is using per second and total monthly. I run game servers, ftp and now shoutcast servers as well. Does anyone know of a specific program that can do this for me? Also i would like to be able to limit monthly bandwidth to certain applications if possible!

thats cool really as i dont need alot of options. just want to know what game server is using what amount of bandwidth. Actuallywas hoping to find something a little more simple than than syggate but i guess i can give it a shot.

antipop
02-27-2004, 08:26 AM
The regular version is very easy to use, it's almost idiot proof ;)

piercedandtatto
02-27-2004, 09:15 AM
lol.... ok cool ill give it a shot

3rd-Dimension
02-28-2004, 10:29 AM
netlimiter. best way to watch and to limit without interfering like a firewall.

sjmX`
12-11-2004, 01:12 PM
netlimiter screwed a lot up on my pc aswell as my mates pcs, i dont trust it!

DaGoof
01-02-2005, 06:44 PM
I've used netlimiter for a while, no problems here....

Pomme
01-11-2005, 03:38 AM
netlimiter should do it. no problems here so far.

Tube
01-18-2005, 07:00 AM
netlimiter screwed a lot up on my pc aswell as my mates pcs, i dont trust it!

no problems here, been running it for over a year now.