PDA

View Full Version : Gas mod for PROMMY

Cow2kie
02-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Whats the best gas to use? r502? How would you do this? Where would you get it? How much does it cost? Is it even worth it?

mrnuke
02-22-2004, 08:55 PM
r404 or r507, i know fugger and capt cascade and pc ice all do this mod. contact one of them.

Assasin-uk
03-10-2004, 04:29 AM
Bear in mind when re gassing that older units will not run some of the newer gases.. and can make the compressor not start...

Only ever put the original gas type in...

You could kill it and the temp benifits are minimal..:smileysex

TheDude
03-10-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Assasin-uk
Bear in mind when re gassing that older units will not run some of the newer gases.. and can make the compressor not start...

Only ever put the original gas type in...

You could kill it and the temp benifits are minimal..:smileysex

What?!....LOL....this is Xtremesystems! :D

TheDogFather
03-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Why do people say that ? They'll be advising against overclocking next. :stick:

This question would be better asked in the phase-change section. Or even better read some of the numerous posts allready covering it.

TDF.

Assasin-uk
03-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Doh some of you people realy are sad cases....

i was just pointing out an obvious potential problem through regassing, that the user may not know..

You should always inform people, dont say do or do-not without saying WHY!..

Btw as for OC im a vapochill user so hardly a non beliver in overclocking am i.... you were probly still in nappies when i was building my 1st pc..:banana:

Karnivore
03-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Assasin-uk
you were probly still in nappies when i was building my 1st pc..:banana:

LOL, welcome to XS, glad to see you making friends early on..:smileysex

TheDude
03-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Welcome to Xtreme Assasin-uk,

Cow2kie asked which was the best gas to mod with and your answer was to tell him to stick to the original gas.

"Only ever put the original gas type in..."

I don't think that was very helpful to him....and as far as the nappie comment. I've been involved with computers in some way since the days of punch cards and had already been out of High school for a year when you were born in 73. Who was in nappies when I was building computers?

Cow2kie, imo 404a is best, but some guys use 507 or a mix of several gases.

TheDogFather
03-10-2004, 07:43 PM
So you contridicted yourself, insulted people, then followed it up with a erronous statement.

Welcome to Xtreme. :)

TDF.

Oh and its been 36 years since I was in nappies, a quick check of your profile says you wasn't even a glint in your dads eye then.

Assasin-uk
03-11-2004, 01:31 AM
ok i apologise for my nappies comment.. it was wrong in fact...

Forums are about public opinion and all i did was voice an opinion, the prommie is already an "Xtreme" piece of clocking kit without regassing it to a higher level. And my comments we made after speaking to Astek direct and ChipCon regarding this matter.(Also having seen one die of my mates after being gassed with 404)

Guess ive made no friends already... anyways apologies if i upset anyone, it was not my intention i can asure you. And of course i gave myself a bad case of foot in mouth..

/me goes back to hide in his hole..:rolleyes:

TheDude
03-11-2004, 01:38 AM
I think you will find that we don't hold grudges here and it is already forgotten. :D

You will come to realize why that comment struck us as strange if you stick around for a while. This forum is all about pushing the envelope and riding the bleeding edge. Not for everyone, but it's our reason for being here.;)
I must warn you that you will catch this sickness if you stay and find yourself doing things to your hardware that makes a 404a gas mod look very tame. :D

Assasin-uk
03-11-2004, 03:55 AM
Ok im learning the hardway..

I guess now ive read a bit more im starting to see how far you realy push things..some of this stuff is insane!!

Anyway to make amends i have joined the DF folding team and will start my home pc and some here at work crunching for a good cause..:D

Thanks..

TheDude
03-11-2004, 04:14 AM
Assasin-uk,

No amends were needed but that's EXCELLENT! :D
Welcome to the Team! We are glad to have your help!

:toast: :banana:

TheDogFather
03-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Like TheDude said theres no grudges here. :)

Lifes too short.

I noticed you used to do Seti, are you giving up now your running DF ? I know a Team (http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_78617.html) that could use the wu's if you fancy parking that account somewhere. :)

TDF.