PDA

View Full Version : CD Errors

Death ++
02-20-2004, 03:58 PM
decided to re-rip some of my mp3s with better quality, but my ACDC - The Razors Edge disc is in pretty bad shape. check out all the errors CDex got when trying to rip them. in the cd play, the disc skips quite a bit, but when i ripped them, they play fine with the except of a few "chirps" here and there, but mostly in "If You Dare".

i should also let u know that i found this disc when i went jetskiiing one time. it was in a cd hold along with about 100 other cds. most of the discs work fine, some are completely worthless. this one is borderline.

does anyone know if its possible to send it somewhere (like the record company) and maybe get it replaced? if not i might have to go out and buy the cd because its worth it.

antipop
02-25-2004, 08:38 AM
I'd like to know cause my cd of hail to the thief doesn't work anymore on my hifi, and it doesn't look too scratched, it worked fine before
I had to download the cd in mp3 from the net cause i couldn't listen to the cd anymore!!

shray
02-25-2004, 06:31 PM
You could prolly DL an APE version (Almost 100% the same) or try to use another program which takes like days to rip (But is slow and steady and corrects errors -- wish i could remember the name) Its very good and accurate.. :)

Death ++
02-25-2004, 10:40 PM
im hoping the days thing is an xtreme xaggeration, but i wouldn't mind waiting maybe a couple hours while im at school or at work. if ya ever remember the name of the prog, throw it over here :toast:

antipop
02-26-2004, 03:16 AM
I think he's talking about EAC, it's the best ripping software out there, search the web to find a guide to use it and get the best from it

Smizack
02-26-2004, 08:29 PM
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Death ++
02-26-2004, 09:39 PM
thanx smiz. love the new avatar :) i just spent the last hour ripping thunderstruck and it still count fix all the errors. i guess the cd is just to warped.

thanx anyway d00ds!

sjohnson
02-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Try auto polish on a soap & water cleaned CD. If you can get most of the coarse scratches down to a lot of fine swirls you'll increase your chance of ripping a new copy.

antipop
02-27-2004, 05:10 AM
the stuff to clean monitors works pretty well too
There is also a thing to repair cd by smoothing the surface