PDA

View Full Version : First International Xtremesystems Overclocking Competition RESULTS THREAD

charlie
02-20-2004, 02:43 PM
hint, hint for Holst and Saaya :D

Techmasta
02-20-2004, 03:19 PM
lol. I'd like to see who the winners are.

Holst
02-22-2004, 04:34 AM
Sorry guys, ive had a mad week.

Im not at home atm, but ill start doing stuff this week.

JeffPH
02-24-2004, 02:38 PM
who won?

Jeff
02-24-2004, 02:50 PM
:off: (sort of) :off:

(This entire post is IN MY OPINION and not meant to upset anyone. It's just MY OPINION on the contest.)

This contest started out with the best intentions and then just went downhill once the cards were sent out(again, GREAT JOB WITH THIS SAAYA!!!).

Information was posted, but not really pushed. As was the ending date post.

I have a feeling some people didn't even know it began... let alone ended.

I do not mean any disrespect to Holst or Saaya but this contest turned into a flop somehow. :(

It seemed to be going well up to the vmod threads... then it just kind of fizzled out. I think it needed more pushing... posting... pushing... and posting. People need to be reminded, then reminded, then reminded again sometimes.

There were 50(?) cards mailed out but I think I only saw at most 10 people consistantly posting about their results.

Again, no disrespect Holst and Saaya.

Next contest, things should be kept fun for the entire contest. Mini-contests, grab bags, trivia, etc. are all ways to keep it fun.

I think the pricepoint was decent. ~$50 is semi-affordable for most and you can get a decent piece of equipment with it. I don't think the card was a bad choice, but it seemed a bit tough for some people to get going.

Maybe I'm blowing smoke out my butt, but this is how I saw it. I wish I didn't have problems with my A64 setup because that's what took my steam away. Otherwise I would have benched it 'til the end instead of giving up early.

Techmasta
02-24-2004, 03:31 PM
I didn't get a chance to order a card this time but hopefully if theres another competition I'll give it a go.

And Jeff I agree with ya. I think the deadline should have been posted earlier.

bigZ
02-24-2004, 06:06 PM
I hear ya jeff, I agree. I kind of ran into a hoard of graphics boards at the wrong time, which meant that I had no chance of getting the card up and running in time for the end of the competition... shame really, because it would have been nice to see where I lined up against some of the best benchmarkers around.

I hate making excuses up, but I spose that's part and parcel of reviewing hardware :(

It has it's downsides.

Vlad Draculea
02-24-2004, 07:45 PM
FUGGER
Xtreme Owner

barfing
I removed the crap you posted.

ATI Radeon 9800XT

2k3 9915

2k1 30440 DX9

AquaMark3 68781

05-15-2004 11:31 PM

bigZ
02-24-2004, 09:15 PM
definately props to saaya, the card service was absolutely top notch mate :toast:

Bond_
02-27-2004, 06:58 PM
when will they post the results?! next year??

Holst
03-03-2004, 11:09 AM
I agree entirely Jeff, TBH all I ever intended was that this was a bit of fun... and it got a bit too big for me to handle.
Saaya has done an amazing job, unfortunatly ive not been able to support him as much as I wanted to.

Im VERY buisy in the real world atm and I hardly have time to post this let alone collate the results, but ill get around to it as soon as I can (unless some kind person would like to start if for me)

skate2snow
03-03-2004, 04:18 PM
In the real world? computer world is not real? lol

BTW: Good job and good intention. Now you should start an " inter-forums" OC competition. it whould be very cool, but alot of job:up: