PDA

View Full Version : Any Tualeron OC'ers out there?

SuSEQ
09-10-2002, 04:29 PM
Hello All! :)

I guess there won't be huge chances, but is there anyone OC'ing Tualatin Celeron's over here? I'm asking to see if I'm all alone... ;)

Gr, SuSEQ

OPPAINTER
09-10-2002, 05:30 PM
Your probably on your own on overclocking that baby, then again you never know, some of the folding team could have one of those rigs.

BTW:
Welcome to Xtreme:toast:

OPP

Bravo
09-11-2002, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by SuSEQ
Hello All! :)

I guess there won't be huge chances, but is there anyone OC'ing Tualatin Celeron's over here? I'm asking to see if I'm all alone... ;)

Gr, SuSEQ

I have several friends who have had their processors up to 1.6 and 1.72ghz with straight 80watt watercooled/aircooled TECs. Very impressive stuff :)

SuSEQ
09-11-2002, 05:53 AM
I thought there wouldn't be a huge crowd with OC'ed Tualerons in here... :)

I don't like the TEC stuff all that much, but right now, I'm rock stable at 150 FSB (being 1500MHz with my 1000a), and in another rig, there's a Tualeron 1200 that does 132 FSB, being 1584MHz. The reason I don't up the FSB to 133 on that one, is that with the slower PCI clock, the whole PC is slower (SuperPi confirms this), and it isn't stable without casecooling. Both CPU's are Aircooled.

The 1000a is quite good; it doesn't need the 1.65V it gets to do the 150 FSB, but since it's wiretricked, it won't go lower... I plan to up the FSB some more on that one, but I think it's almost giving up.

Gr, SuSEQ

JaY_III
09-12-2002, 09:29 AM
I got one.
1.1A on a BX board, nice CPU i might add.
I am watercooled, but i can OC just as high on AIR, watter just keeps my temps in the 30's.....

SuSEQ
09-12-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by JaY_III
I got one.
1.1A on a BX board, nice CPU i might add.
I am watercooled, but i can OC just as high on AIR, watter just keeps my temps in the 30's.....
Found one! :D

So, how high did you get this baby? And how hard was it to get the socketmod to work?

Gr, SuSEQ

sysfailur
09-12-2002, 05:48 PM
Well, I have a tualatin, but not a celeron. It's a P3 Tualatin Mobile @ 1.13ghz (733mhz speedstep).

It's a great cpu if you ask me ;)

Bravo
09-13-2002, 06:09 AM
I recommend you register here (http://forums.overclockers.com.au) at OCAU, then check out this link (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=288102&sortby=&sortorder=). Pay particular attention to posts made by Czechmate :)

SuSEQ
09-13-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Sinnah
I recommend you register here (http://forums.overclockers.com.au) at OCAU, then check out this link (http://forums.overclockers.com.au/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=288102&sortby=&sortorder=). Pay particular attention to posts made by Czechmate :)
I guess I have some reading to do, then... :) Too bad the guy sort of left to join the Foreign Legion... :(

Does anyone know where I can lay my hands upon SDRAM that would do 170 ~ 180 FSB? Or is that impossible for such an outdated and actually to-be-abandoned technology?

Gr, SuSEQ

sforza
09-13-2002, 08:23 AM
I own an Intel Celeron Tualatin 1Ghz that was given to me for being a good student ;) at the university.

The motherboard is a MSI with AMI bios, so there are very few options. I can get it to 1320Mhz (132*10) with the stock voltage and stock heatsink. Because of the "too-automatic" bios I can't select 133Mhz bus speed or more (even when the mobo supports up to 150Mhz) because the processor is detected as a 100Mhz FSB and the 133-150Mhz FSB range is reserved for the P3, with default FSB at 133Mhz. At 133Mhz or more the 1/4 PCI/CPU divider is automatically enabled, but at 132Mhz I have to run with the 1/3 so my PCIs are quite high :mad:

OPPAINTER
09-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by SuSEQ

Does anyone know where I can lay my hands upon SDRAM that would do 170 ~ 180 FSB? Or is that impossible for such an outdated and actually to-be-abandoned technology?

Gr, SuSEQ

My Mushkin Rev3 was good memory, not sure if they still make it, I'm sure they even came up with some better stuff by now but it was solid at 172 If I remember right, aggressive timeings.

OPP

sysfailur
09-14-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by OPPAINTER

My Mushkin Rev3 was good memory, not sure if they still make it, I'm sure they even came up with some better stuff by now but it was solid at 172 If I remember right, aggressive timeings.

OPP

I got some LEET OCZ 180mhz capable Sdram. TONICOM BGA chips on sdram! Hehehe.. it is actually great ram though.

OPPAINTER
09-14-2002, 07:25 AM
I had some OCZ that was the best 133 mem I've ever had, probably can't find it anymore.

OPP

SuSEQ
09-15-2002, 12:16 AM
As a matter of fact, I already have a nice collection of performance memory... :) (the following list not for bragging purposes) This is what I've got: 2*128 Mushkin rev.3 (screenshots of 175 stable with an Abit KT7; of course that wasn't done by me); 1 stick of Mushkin 256 rev.2 (said to be doing 158MHz fastest timings, but I have troubles when above 152FSB; relaxing the timings a bit solves the problem) 2*128 OCZ PC180 (the kind sysfailur talks about; I have yet to see it's capabilities, but I had one of those in last year for testing, and it was OK at 160MHz; those came from JC, originally). And 3*256 Crucial PC133 which still has to prove itself.

"Now, with such a collection of memory, what is stopping you?", you might think. I guess it's the board and the cooling. I've only tested my Asus Tusl2C so far, but with a P3-1GHz, the best I ever got stable in SuperPi (If I get errors there, the system isn't stable, period) was around 156FSB synchronous... The Gigabyte GA6Oxet I still have to test, because of other hardware that had troubles...

As for cooling, I recently got a Swiftech MCXC370 with a Delta Black label fan... And the problem is, it still didn't deliver. I might be expecting too much, but I wasn't seeing the massive temperature drops everybody else saw when getting high performance cooling. I have a WC circuit that's almost ready; I'd like to see what that does... Hopefully it does better than the AC I've got now. And something else: I keep hearing/reading about those extreely low temps (20 degrees Celcius stressed on a Celly at a maximum OC with only the stock cooler, for instance), but as of speaking, I'm having 55C with the swiftech/delta and the celly at 1510 and 1.65V. I could drop it 5 degrees I guess, but that's as far is it goes...

But I'm happy to know I'm on the safe side with the memory. :) I just hope I will be able to use it some day.

Gr, SuSEQ

causticVapor
05-04-2003, 01:42 AM
Tualatin 1.3GHz in on of mys systems ... SL5ZJ... stepping tA0 I think...

..will do 1.57GHz, above that requires some trickery.

Right now I'm trying to socket mod the EP-3PTA board to give me a default voltage of 1.85v. Being compliant with the vrm 8.5 spec it might not even allow that. :(

Kamerat
05-04-2003, 03:05 AM
I have a modded 1.1GHz on an Asus P3B-F (BX) running at 1.47GHz. It does 1.54GHz, but the current PSU i to weak.

BrainStorm
05-04-2003, 06:53 AM
I have a 1000A running at 1.33ghz in my 7 year old's computer. Won't really go any higher than that on the Shuttle AV-18E mobo I have it paired with (didn't have much choice - at the time I bought it (about a year or a year and a half or so ago) , it was a combo deal from Fry's for $100). It was my first "back-up rig" and worked well for that purpose. Still works just fine for my son.

faruquehabib
05-04-2003, 01:29 PM
i JUST bought a 1.4 tualatin pentium III-S 512k L2 cache for my backup pc. it will be running a volcano 9 and as of right now, 1536mb of kingmax pc3200 ddr. i expect great ocing, considering the 700 coppermine celeron i am running right now is at 1060mHz

will keep yall informed

SuSEQ
05-05-2003, 06:40 AM
Wow, some time has passed... :)

In the meantime, I've switched to a full-blown Athlon machihne, without discarding any of my Intel boxes... I alsop bought a pair of P3's 1.13GHz, but I saw too late they weren't dual-compatible (I know, I know, I should've checked, but I bought them from a friend, who didn't know it either...) So no dually delight for me...

I also got my mother a Tualeron 1100a, which I in turn exchanged for my poorly overclocking one. The 1200 is retired (still seeking a buyer for it), and the badly overclocking 1100a (anyone buying? ;)) is replaced by one of those 1.13's I bought.

While I am typing this, I realise what a huge pile of "junk" I gathered... :) Future plans are: getting rid of the 2 surplus CPU's anbd testing the OC capabilities of the other 1.13. i hope to get over 166 with that one... I might need better cooling in the shape of a SLK800, bnut we'll see about that.

Gr, SuSEQ

And btw: Legacy means reliability! ):d