PDA

View Full Version : Help fixing Samsung SyncMaster 753DF monitor please

RuKK
02-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Well, my Samsung syncmaster 753df 17" flatscreen CRT monitor gave up about 6-8 months ago. Now, when I turn it on (doesnt matter if its plugged into anything), I just get a solid green/brown color which doesnt appear to variate, or if it does, very very slightly. It doesnt bring up its little menu, it doesnt respond at all to the onscreen controls, it doesnt display a no signal message, or anything else, no matter what I do.. Now, the fact it actualy turns on and displays a color is good, no? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it means the tube and power circuitry is good? SO, whats wrong? What chips are there, and what can I do about checking/replacing them if they are bad? What about the electron gun? (theres 3, right?)

Any ideas for stuff I could check or try to revive this thing? I really dont want to scrap it, and nobody anywhere around here does monitor repair which doesnt involve the monitor sitting in the back of the shop for 10 months.

Thanks guys, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, but it would seem to corrolate most closely to modding.. ;)

-RuKK

lalPOOO
02-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Well from my experince you will need the sheets telling what the chips do, and how/why they're connected (forgot the proper name for that sort of thing...) Without those you're pretty much screwed. I don't know if this is the same with samsung, but when my Hansol monitor died on me I found a certified repair place through Hansol and they did it within a week or so. Cost about $130 canadian or so because the warrenty had expired. Its nice though because they re-warrenty it, which came in handy the next week when I had to take it back to them to get it fixed again.

I guess you've already checked with samsung though as per your post?

RuKK
02-20-2004, 02:32 AM
I bought the monitor refurbished with a two year warranty which had just expired when it died. I believe your talking about service manuals.. I've looked all over the net but I cant seem to find anything for this monitor. I guess I just need to find one of these which has something wrong with the tube and try swapping out the board lol