PDA

View Full Version : Ehh... 3.6ghz p4 @ THG... WTF?!

sysfailur
09-09-2002, 10:46 PM
This came out of nowhere... Good god.

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q3/020909/index.html

I hate THG... so damn Intel biased, and no wonder, look at Intel just fueling the :flame: fire :flame: that is THG. :P

Anyway, we won't be seeing these procs for a while, I don't understand why... Obviously Intel has them if they gave THG 3 of them. Like I said. WTF!

Magnum_
09-10-2002, 12:47 AM
hmm, they are running that cpu on a P4T533-C
I was always thinking that the 3.06 and beyond required a new motherboard, because of the hyperthreading ? Had something to do with more power consumption...

IFMU
09-10-2002, 01:00 AM
After that magnum, Im presuming not.

Question for an Intel newb here... what is the difference between the System Bus and the System Clock? The Clock is the fsb right? Then whats this quad bus stuff or whatever to Intel can claim a higher fsb?
Dont get it here and guess I prolly oughtta figure it out... heh thanks.

sysfailur
09-10-2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by IFMU
After that magnum, Im presuming not.

Question for an Intel newb here... what is the difference between the System Bus and the System Clock? The Clock is the fsb right? Then whats this quad bus stuff or whatever to Intel can claim a higher fsb?
Dont get it here and guess I prolly oughtta figure it out... heh thanks.

Intel Quad-Pumps the fsb. I'm not sure how that works exactly but it gives the P4 an effective 400 or 533mhz fsb. Really though you're running like 100 or 133. I'm sure someone will give a more technical response, but that's basically what it is.

twiggy
09-10-2002, 03:35 AM
i also caught this and posted it on another forum and this is the response i got.

Guess Tom needs to check up on his sources...

"Update: It seems more and more that this CPU is a fake. It is not a certainty, but some elements are disconcerting, here. While examining the marking of famous P4 3.3 Ghz , one realize that it comprises reference "QFF8ES", it is has to say that of Pentium 4 Northwood 2.0 Ghz confidential. Moreover, the code which appears in bottom is "80531" which is that of the first modeles of Northwood. The new ones, as the 2.8 Ghz uses the code "80532". The 3.3 Ghz, if there really exists, should use this code, to see one "80533"."

http://amdzone.com/

Klosterbruder
09-10-2002, 07:10 AM
The FSB runs with 100/133 Mhz but the data is sending on the ascending and descending Clock flank and they emulate two extra signals on it, I think so it works. so they send 4 data signals with 1 clock. Perhaps my words aren't the best one, cause I'm from Germany and my English is really bad, but I hope you'll understand it.

Bull
09-13-2002, 12:58 AM
They now say that it is an unlocked Intel chip and they never claimed it was the real thing. IMO I think he did it to get more traffic to his site. I don't really trust the guy. He seems to be biased towards who gives him the most perks. I used to like his site but it seems he is just a marketing tool for the big companies.

Just my 2 cents.

sysfailur
09-13-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Bull
They now say that it is an unlocked Intel chip and they never claimed it was the real thing. IMO I think he did it to get more traffic to his site. I don't really trust the guy. He seems to be biased towards who gives him the most perks. I used to like his site but it seems he is just a marketing tool for the big companies.

Just my 2 cents.

INDEED. I did notice on [H] though that they had on the top of their page: "[H] - Home of the real 3.3GHz CPU. (wink wink)"