PDA

View Full Version : Question about HDTV / Video Card

chr
02-16-2004, 11:09 AM
hi guys!

i have a friend who is wanting to buy a new TV, specifically, this model: toshiba (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826206886&skuId=5343158&type=product)

she wants this tv to double as her computer monitor, i want to give her the best advice possible.

she was told by one of her friends to get a 9800 aiw. is this the only solution? because that is a very pricey solution.

thanks for any advice, and any other useful information that could help me.

kokoro_kara
02-16-2004, 12:50 PM
I've been researching this idea a bit too. The link didn't work for me so I don't know exactly what TV it was. I would favor LCDs or CRT TV's to do as a monitor.

Rear Projection are a big "no no" because of Still Images will burn onto the screen (I don't think this technology has changed here, is anyone more up to date?). Also the plamas have a slighter issue of burning and a greater issue of ghosting because of their difficulty of producing black colors.

As far as a Gx Card, I haven't really gone that far. The TV is the most important investment and the recent cards seem to be gearing up for this adventure.

Anyone else Got Info?

I would love to hear other input on this topic as well!

K
:toast:

PS. I've notice this area of the forum has very low traffic... Maybe we can get a moderator to put it in the hardware section :D