PDA

View Full Version : bit torrents

Machiavelli
02-15-2004, 06:36 PM
I just installed a new DFI Infinity mobo and had to format and reinstall xp. For some reason some of my ports seem to be blocked when downloading bit torrents. I am using the nic card built into the mobo. I also installed the windows security updates. Could something in windows or hardware be causing this problem? In my attepts to troubleshoot, i pluged my connection directly into the modem and the ports were open (which leads for to believe its my router) but i also downloaded a bit torrent with my labtop pluged into the same router and its ports were open (which makes me think it something on my desktop system). I would simply like to be able to get these port open to download bit torrents. Can anyone give me some suggestions what it could be? Your help is appreciated as always.

Thank you

Awperator
02-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Wait, ok it doesnt work when your modem is connected to your router which you plug in your computer to w/ the onboard lan, but it works when you connect your onboard lan directly to your modem? And then it works when you connect your laptop to your router? Maybe it's a router-motherboard compatibility issue? (Never heard of it, nor am I an expert in networking, so please take my suggestion with a grain of salt). Is it possible to try with a different router?

- Awperator

Smizack
02-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Sounds like a bad cable.

But try other things to test it. Like pinging the router and modem.

Machiavelli
02-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, after playing arround with router settings i realized that it was set up to forward to my labtop ip and not my desktop ip.

:banana: