PDA

View Full Version : Is OCZ going to be making a venture into phase-change?

sandman
02-15-2004, 12:37 PM
I've heard some rumors surrounding this, I'm just wondering if they are true or not. What is OCZ's stance on this?

Tony
02-21-2004, 08:32 AM
No comment...yet ;)

Karnivore
02-21-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by bigtoe
No comment...yet ;)

LOL, Thats what I figured:toast:

CCW
02-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Im curious if this happened as to whether the Phase Chnage system would be made in-house or outsourced from a supplier like previous OCZ Cooling products.

Craig

sandman
02-25-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by bigtoe
No comment...yet ;)

haha, what I thought.

I'm saving.

stevenmh
02-25-2004, 08:11 PM
I've got a recommendation for the hypothetical OCZ phase change cooler.

I was toying with the idea of getting a Prometia for my CPU and a Koolance EXOS for my NB and GPU. I ended up getting parts to build my own external water cooling kit instead.

The reason was mostly due to space constraints. Not everyone has their case sitting out on top of a desk or in the middle of the floor. My computer desk is squeezed in between a 32" TV and a 15" floor-standing speaker. It's got a 'cubby' for the case, and my Lian Li fits inside perfectly...but not enough room to stack it on top of a Prommie.

I emailed nVentiv and asked them if they could do a custom unit with a customer-specified length of refrigerant tubing. I've got space next to and behind the case cubby where I could have put the unit, but the 12" tubing wouldn't reach. They wouldn't make any exceptions to the 12" length, though, so I gave up on phase change.

So, if it were me getting ready to produce a phase change unit, and I wanted to appeal to the broadest customer base, I'd keep in mind that not everyone has room for a super tower. I'd make a unit that would be capable of being installed in different orientations with respect to the case.

BrandonHum
11-08-2005, 12:37 PM
OCZ's phase cooler is starting to see the light of day as well. Don't be surprised if we see a phase cooler launch sometime around early January.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2597&p=2