PDA

View Full Version : Manus VR Development Kit Will Go On Sale In March

StyM
02-27-2017, 06:13 AM
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/manus-vr-dev-kit-march,33738.html

Manus VR announced that its Development Kit will debut for 1,000 EUR on March 1. This will give devs the chance to experiment with the company's gloves, which offer ​full finger tracking, thumb tracking, haptic feedback, and other features that are supposed to make VR experiences more immersive.
Manus VR said the dev kits are "compatible with leading VR and Motion Capture Systems such as the HTC Vive, Xsens, Vicon, PhaseSpace and OptiTrack." The company will provide a pair of gloves; an SDK for C++ and C#; and a variety of tools for Unity 5, Unreal Engine 4, and Motion Builder.

"Since we started shipping our engineering samples last year, we?ve received an incredible demand for a professional data-glove" said Stephan van den Brink, CEO at Manus VR. ?Working closely with our early access developers such as NASA, MIT and Cambridge University we were able to enhance our product to an unpreceded level.?

This is all very much a work in progress. At times, not every finger was tracked, in particular my pinky, and often other fingers as well. Sometimes the tracking was just slightly off, although during Pillow's Willow (which doesn't require too much fine motor precision), I didn't really experience any latency or inaction. Thumb rotation is a crucial, natural element, so that will be a welcome addition. In the full arm demo, all of my joint movements looked quite natural, but my shoulders seemed as if they had been moved in by a few inches on each side of my body.