PDA

View Full Version : No need to wait. Here is a guide to Vmodding the R9700

will_perdikakis
09-09-2002, 09:34 AM
thanks to DJ

click here (http://discuss.madonion.com/forum/showflat1.pl?Cat=&Board=techdisplayadapters&Number=1179421&page=0&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=&vc=)

Chong345
09-09-2002, 10:02 AM
XS taking a little heat over there huh. ;)

JCviggen
09-09-2002, 10:13 AM
Well DJ is an annoying little :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: ... and he doesnt need to act like the mods were secret. Obviously they were going to get well known soon, DD isnt the only one who figures out these mods...

For my personal satisfaction I will always be ahead of that guy in the ORB rankings...

TheDude
09-09-2002, 10:25 AM
What do you expect from someone who rides a rice burning crotch rocket?:D

will_perdikakis
09-09-2002, 10:34 AM
What do you expect from someone who rides a rice burning crotch rocket?Not defending DJ, I am defending the Car.

WTF are you talking about? An RX-7 is a bat out of hell. Perhaps a Low powered honda Civic with a removed cat convertor and 3 in exhaust is a "rice burner".

Next thing, you will say a 94 Supra is a POS too!

BTW a crotch rocket is a term used for horny men and motorcycles not forced induction production 4-wheel vehicles.

Back on topic. I do not think that the mods should be with held at all. Which is why I posted this.

It seems that not a lot of help is shared in these forums, just a lot of tooting your own horn.:flame:

Hardass
09-09-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by will_perdikakis
Not defending DJ, I am defending the Car.

WTF are you talking about? An RX-7 is a bat out of hell. Perhaps a Low powered honda Civic with a removed cat convertor and 3 in exhaust is a "rice burner".

Next thing, you will say a 94 Supra is a POS too!

BTW a crotch rocket is a term used for horny men and motorcycles not forced induction production 4-wheel vehicles.

Back on topic. I do not think that the mods should be with held at all. Which is why I posted this.

It seems that not a lot of help is shared in these forums, just a lot of tooting your own horn.:flame:
I think there is a tremendous amount of help passed around this forum. That is one of the reasons it has grown so quickly. Not to mention some of the most talented Benchers in the world passing out said help. I am sorry you feel that way about this forum, and hope if you choose to stay here longer you will change your mind.

DDTUNG
09-09-2002, 11:45 AM
Very good. Now let's see how long it takes them to figure out the Vmem mod. As we all know, memory doesn't clock so well on the Radeon 9700(unless you do something about it;) ).

DDTUNG:cool:

BTW Mr. Perdikakis try asking DJ to give you all his software settings for running 3DMark, and you will learn something about sharing.

TheDude
09-09-2002, 11:46 AM
Not defending DJ, I am defending the Car.

WTF are you talking about? I am talking about a motorcycle...and yes an RX-7 is a bat out of hell and a fine automobile,. What exactly are we arguing about?:confused:

Maybe my fault? I used to talk to a Digital Jesus who rode a Ninja...not the same guy? I used to argue with him all the time about harley versus jap bikes. If not the same guy, I apologize...if he still rides the rice burning crotch rocket, he will remember me.:D

will_perdikakis
09-09-2002, 12:43 PM
WTF are you talking about? I am talking about a motorcycle...and yes an RX-7 is a bat out of hell and a fine automobile,. What exactly are we arguing about?Oops!! sorry. If you look at DJs sig. You will see that he is a proud owner of a TT RX-7. I thought that is what you spoke of. My apologies.
Very good. Now let's see how long it takes them to figure out the Vmem mod. As we all know, memory doesn't clock so well on the Radeon 9700(unless you do something about it ).Or we (meaning: you) could just start a thread here Titled, "R9700 Vmods by DDTung" and enlighten the less experienced/educated overclockers. That way we will not have to worry about what DJ does.

Perhaps if you did start such a thread than image of XS forums would not be so tainted.

BTW Mr. Perdikakis try asking DJ to give you all his software settings for running 3DMark, and you will learn something about sharing.I find that to be totally different, do not really have any solid reason why though. :D I am sure he would share some but, I think he may be a pretty lazy guy, being as though he never proof reads his posts, or uses capital letters, etc. Writing a newbie guide to ORB toping scores may be a little too much effort. ;)

I hope that was not a personal attack DDT.

Hardass
09-09-2002, 12:51 PM
First I would like to know where you are coming up with this Tainted Image of XS stuff? Second I really don,t think anyone at Xtreme really cares what DJ says, especially after his last outing here.

Chong345
09-09-2002, 12:57 PM
I really like the Forums here. I don't think that any information is witheld here. Some of it comes out slow at times but I think the reason not a "great deal of info" gets posted is because this site is full of some of the best benchers and overclockers. If a question is posted it gets answered anyway.

JCviggen
09-09-2002, 01:02 PM
I like to compare 3Dmark at the top of the sheets with F1 racing.

Reason : its tweaking to the limit, looking for an edge here and there, and the machine only needs to get through the 3D run, nothing more. Now, everybody comes up with different ways of getting a few points here and there . Do you see F1 teams sharing the wealth ? I didnt think so. Of course this is less professional and purely for fun, but I think that its clear that everything is not done in secracy.... but we dont shout all our tweaks out the window either. If any member of the team wants info on a mod, or needs some help to get on the right path ... I think everybody is more than willing to share. I have had numerous ppl mail me in the past and I never made a secret of how I run 3Dmark (just an example really) ....

If DJ figures we are a bunch of :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:s who dont share then thats his problem. He has proved his idiocy and nature plenty of times, I dont give a toss what he thinks ...
We are in a friendly competition with the VR-zone team, and its not the "stab you in the back" kind of friendly... proof being macci who is a great guy and comes over here as well to congratulate OPP for example.... this is in a contrast with DJ, but like I said .. lets just ignore the guy

Chong345
09-09-2002, 01:05 PM
Well put JC. :D
ok we stop now, lol

TheDude
09-09-2002, 01:09 PM
I kinda think the accomplishments of our 3D team and Folding team pretty much speaks for itself. I have met some of the best people that I have ever met on the net, right here. When my son was in a bad car crash, I got an outpouring of well wishes and support.
We have some of the most experienced Overclockers in the world here and they don't hesitate to help even the most inexperienced noobs. I don't think either group would come here if we had a tainted reputation. If you come here to attack us, don't be surprised if you don't get the warmest welcome. DDTUNG is good people and family. Anyone who slanders him has a problem with me also and I am sure I am not alone on this....he has helped us all many times.
If we can't manage to get along....maybe we should just call it a day and stay in our own backyards.

MrIcee
09-09-2002, 01:13 PM
Since I'm in a good mood today for a pissing contest...let me get my $.02 in.

First off...theres no secret about the V-Mods. We just wanted our team members to have the mods at their disposal FIRST...then we will publish a full pictorial guide in our guides section. No more, no less. Our guys deserve first dibs and whatever advantage they can gain in benching before we publish the full guide. The full guide will be coming up soon.

As far as DJ, whatever respect I had for him over the last couple of years, as I admired his benching prowess while trying to gain experience myself, went down the tubes over the JCViggen incident. That whole escapade was complete toilet fodder on his part in trying to prove JC's scores fake, and convincing MO to the point of all of JC's scores being pulled. We all knew JC was 100% legit...no questions asked. But what kind of light did this shed on
DJ's personality and antics?? Not very good in my opinion...its quite unfortunate, because the guy has been a very talented bencher...but with a now exposed whiner mentality. Yep....he pisses me off....but DJ will be DJ.

He can say what he wants...but we have a great group of benchers here...and technicians. He wanted to be a hero and give out the V-Mod to the public first...wonderful.Its how he gives the public the Great DJ..when in fact, if they saw the real DJ...they'd have second thoughts on how great he is. We'll have the full guide for you all to delve into shortly...with all the do's and don'ts:)

Randi

Randi:D

Bosw8er
09-09-2002, 01:17 PM

JCviggen
09-09-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Bosw8er

DUDE that is so cool :D
gotto save that one *right click*

DDTUNG
09-09-2002, 04:03 PM
I firmly believe that the opportunity to post and get help in these forums, and in any other forums for that matter, is a privilege, not a right. I hope everyone remembers that and doesn't start to demand answers.

Ask not what Xtreme can do for you, ask what you can do for Xtreme.

Many who have responded to this post have done more than their share for Xtreme and its members.

What have you done, Mr. Perdikakis?

This will be my final comment on this subject.

TheDude
09-09-2002, 04:14 PM
Ask not what Xtreme can do for you, ask what you can do for Xtreme.

Amen .... nuff said

Charles Wirth
09-09-2002, 04:23 PM
It is obvious how much testing DJ has done with his mod and wrecklessly hands out a completely untested mod to the public.

DDT did the right thing in testing the mod, getting feedback, made some changes and retested.

At least DJ gives us props for developing mod first.

TT Supra is chump change, I doubt he has the balls to get that wreck over 120Mph, yes my ride will eat it for lunch.

Hardass
09-09-2002, 04:26 PM
Lets let this fade away guy,s. Really not worth the time. Thank you all for responding.

will_perdikakis
09-09-2002, 06:06 PM
eck! Lot of harsh responses.

I feel so welcome.:confused:

First I would like to know where you are coming up with this Tainted Image of XS stuff?Look at the thread I linked to, look at the responses.

Maybe we all are wrong, but the common opinion of the people outside these forums is, You are very good overclockers, some of the best in the world. I have much personal respect for OPP, JC (from all the P4T533 dilemna on [H]), MrIcee, etc. And most of all DDT. But enough ass kissing, that was not the purpose of my reply. However you use these forums as an XtremeSystems 3D Mark Team disscussion board, not very welcoming to newcomers or outsiders (macci excluded, of course.)

Slander me all you want, that is my opinion too. I do appreciate Hardass' original post, but it all went downhill from there.
If you come here to attack usThat is exactly it. It was not an attack. Do you think I admire DJ or something?

I posted this because I read a post the last time I was here about DDT not releasing the R9700 to users not on the team. If it was because he wanted to test it before releasing to the public, I respect that. However the responses some of the people made make it look like it is a trade secret and part of a Formula 1 race for the gold. Stupid me, here I am thinking that benching is for fun.

What kind of race is between different classes? volt modded R9700s yeild good results. Where is the fun if you guys out class all the non-modded clockers? That is the concern, like it or not.
What have you done, Mr. Perdikakis?Look at the post count my friend. I have not done anything for these forums. Well, I tried to....once today.
TT Supra is chump change, I doubt he has the balls to get that wreck over 120Mph, yes my ride will eat it for lunch.That is the largest load of crap in this whole thread. :)

To those who care to hear me out.... I did not come here jocking DJ or to slander you. I do not really care whether you people respect me or not, but I do not see why I should lose respect wrongfully so.

Have a nice day gentlemen, See you around.

TheDude
09-09-2002, 06:12 PM
Not if I see you first:D

Hardass
09-09-2002, 06:15 PM
Opinions are more then welcome on this forum, and you are welcome to post yours. You say that the common opinion outside these forums. Well 1 site and 1 thread does not make common opinion. several sites and several threads does make common opinion. You will not find that opinion of this forum at several sites or in several threads. So a few people on one site, does not common opinion make! You have yourself a good evening.

Charles Wirth
09-09-2002, 07:45 PM
Hardass on the money. You see where this is going...

Will, I would not make such a bold claim without they equipment to back it up 100%

will_perdikakis
09-09-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by FUGGER
Hardass on the money. You see where this is going...

Will, I would not make such a bold claim without they equipment to back it up 100%
I do not quite understand what you are saying here but, If you have that fast of a car. Can I have a ride?

Ha just noticed you edited. Oh Well

Honestly, mind telling me about your vehicle. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Nohto
09-09-2002, 08:12 PM
It seems that not a lot of help is shared in these forums, just a lot of tooting your own horn.
I definately would disagree with that statement!!! Back in June when I E-Mailed Opp about a Review he had written and had a few questions, he told me about this new forum and everyone has been extremely helpful and the info I have gotten off this site is very informative and probably the best on the web!

OPPAINTER
09-09-2002, 08:13 PM
I just have to say that DJ is ............. a forget it, everybody in there right mind knows:D

will_perdikakis

I read some of your comments about me at MadOnion, being sponcered and all:D
Now doesn't that me a Smart Overclocker besides being good. Smart and good, now that will take you places:D

OPP

Nohto
09-09-2002, 08:13 PM
By the way thanks OPP for the referal and thanks to all of the other members that have helped me directly and indirectly.

OPPAINTER
09-09-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Nohto
By the way thanks OPP for the referal and thanks to all of the other members that have helped me directly and indirectly.

No problem Nohto glad it worked out:)

OPP

will_perdikakis
09-09-2002, 08:40 PM
I read some of your comments about me at MadOnion, being sponcered and all
Now doesn't that [make] me a Smart Overclocker besides being good. Smart and good, now that will take you places

OPPYou mean this?

Just because OPP is sponsored and gets free chips, cards and Prometias, does not make him better than DJ in anyway.

I am not saying OPP is not Xtremely good at what he does. He is way better than I am. Much respect.

The comments were not derogatory, I do not understand your reasoning for mentioning them. Hell, I am jealous, I wish I was sponsored. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Since we are on topic, here are quotes of everything I have ever said about you.

No, but there are factors to consider here.

FUGGER gives no clue as to what mem ratio, VGA clocks, etc. he is using so there could be a missing bit of info.

Chances are, he is using a 2.66b the same as opp. However, opp is at 175FSB and 234Mhz mem bus. Knowing opp, he is using nothing but maxed timings.

200Mhz CPU, plus 10 MHz FSB, plus a heavily clocked VGA plus much more mem bandwidth will equal 1000 points.

Also note opp is using the new 40.xx drivers which greatly closes the gap between the two cards in 3dmark.

I remember mentioning you more during the Ti4600 wars, but MO does not retain threads from that far back. Not a word was derogatory. It was something about me hoping you hit 15K first as an American.

DDTUNG
09-09-2002, 08:54 PM
One final comment before I close this thread.

In my honest opinion, OPP is miles better than DJ as a bencher and, more importantly, as a person.

PS Further comments should be done through PMs.