PDA

View Full Version : HELP Urgent!

Sucka
02-12-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm at my buddies right now and he's trying to OC his AMD system, and i'm not to fimilar with AMD. He has a MSI KT3-Ultra, 2100+. When he just tries to raise the FSB a little it won't boot AT ALL. When he changed his multiplyer, same thing, wouldn't boot. It won't even give him the bios option. He can't get it to post at all and has to reset the cmos. What does he need to do for even a modest overclock? Or to even get it to post?

r3b0rN
02-13-2004, 12:15 AM
are u increasing the voltage when u oc it? also much sure u increase the ram latency and increase its voltage if ur doing an fsb oc. oh and when u say a little oc, how little is little?

Sucka
02-13-2004, 12:42 AM
He's kinda just looking to test things out, see how high he can get, but at this point he can't even get it to post. Will he not even get any type of OC if he doens't raise the vcore? What should he set it at to gain just say 100mhz? I can oc the $hit out of my intel with stock voltage. Of course i'm not fimilar with AMD, so i'm just looking for any help i can get here to pass onto him.

blinky
02-13-2004, 01:10 AM
if he cant oc just the fsb one mhz and have it post, then either u or him are probably doing something wrong, as most chips can handle at least 5mhz more on the fsb with out any more vcore. if it really cant than its a faulty cpu

i dont mean to sound demeaning, sry if i did

Peen
02-13-2004, 01:42 AM
Bios update? maybe that board doesnt wont to go past 133

Sucka
02-13-2004, 01:44 AM
He's a big puss and doesn't want to try anything till he gets some answers first. I tried to tell him to up vcore, ect but he wanted to see what some ppl on forums had to say first. I too found it weird that he can't even post when doing a very modest oc. I have my 3.0 @ 3.6 on air with stock vcore. If he would let me, i would go to town on it, but he's just new to all this and wants some info, which i guess i can't blame him...

Karnivore
02-13-2004, 02:03 AM
You have the latest bios in that thing? very odd indeed, should go up at least a bit with no voltage changes, sounds like other issues..

Sucka
02-13-2004, 02:14 AM
I'm back at home now, but any suggestions i'll pass onto him. He would really just like to get something outa this chip. Thanks for the replies though.

Peen
02-13-2004, 02:36 AM
Guarantee its not the chip, tell that to him. He needs to atleast update the bios, but even the standard bios should let it OC! im guessing its a Palomino core? GOTTA BE THE MOBO! :toast: :stick: