PDA

View Full Version : DIRT CHEAP 1/2" ID x 5/8" 1/16" OD clear vinyl tubing

Silversink
02-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Saw this in O/cers Classifieds so I am re-posting it here (PS Dave from Insulglass is a GREAT seller):

Originally posted by insulglass
FS: Special offer on water cooling tubing

I have obtained several hundred feet of 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD clear vinyl tubing (made in the USA). It seems to be pretty standard stuff, I think it compares favorably to some OEM tubing in a water cooling kit I recently obtained. This tubing is ideal for water cooling systems with 1/2" hose barbs, and the wall thickness is the standard size for "quick-connect" fittings.

As many of you know (and have purchased), I sell heat sink lapping kits - see them at www.easypckits.com. If anyone is putting a water cooling system together, you should consider lapping your waterblock anyway. With the purchase of ANY heat sink lapping kit at normal price, I'll sell any reasonable amount of tubing for only $.15 per foot. This is appx 1/8th to 1/10th standard prices online, and lapping kits range from $4 up to $13 depending on type and components. I would recommend 10 feet of tubing just in case but you can buy any length you need (obviously, I am intending this for end users and not dealers). Shipping will be at actual cost.

If interested, simply email me the length you need with your zip code - I'll cut it, make the lapping kit, weigh the contents, and let you know the exact shipping and total cost. Then just Paypal me the total and I'll get it on the way pronto. You WILL get more value than you expect from a transaction with me!

One note - please email instead of PM for much faster responses. Bumps appreciated, especially former customers!

Dave
insulglass@easypckits.com
www.easypckits.com

pelikan
02-16-2004, 11:02 PM
That tubing is too thin-walled for most people.
1/2" i.d., 3/4" o.d. is better to avoid kinks.

insulglass
03-31-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by pelikan
That tubing is too think-walled for most people.
1/2" i.d., 3/4" o.d. is better to avoid kinks.

Welll... not really. There is ALWAYS a tradeoff in features when you compare.

If you get the wall thickness up to avoid kinking, it is generally too thick to bend well and will give the "attached" components additional side pressure. Too thin and you will get kinking. However, this is the standard wall thickness that you will find in most watercooling applications.

I still have some if anyone needs any. If anyone is really doubtful about the kinking... try 5 feet for $.75. If you feel that it's too thin, does it really matter at that price? :D

Dave
heatware and ebay: insulglass
insulglass@easypckits.com