PDA

View Full Version : Asherons Call 2

PLaiNGoD2
09-08-2002, 11:33 AM
OK, i am currrently doing Beta on AC2...

First thought, Character selection sreen kina sucked big time, but its beta, so i didnt really give a two about ... the system requirements, will be very high.. do to the astonishing graphics, the water is just jaw dropping if you run it in VERY HIGH graphics detail.. i haventn got to play it with alot, but for the time i havent spent on it.. i still prefer DAoC, i will write a more detailed rview on it... ;)

Snowman
09-08-2002, 11:53 AM
how about some cool screen shots

:wink: wink:

routehero
09-26-2002, 11:16 PM
AC2 has some serious gameplay issues, primarily being lag. The game often has long bursts of lag in certain zones and you are either forced to move (very slowly with warping) out of the zone (West/East) or log off.

The graphics are mediocore by the industry's leading games (for example, UT2003). However, when compared to a game such as Dark Age of Camelot, they are about equal, except for AC2 has reflective surfaces for their water.

Another mark against AC2 is the poor animations. The game does not seem like a 'next-gen MMORPG', but more like a past-gen MMORPG.

The skill system is pretty good, and it allows you to diversify quite well, as well as the ability to 'unspec' in skills. Meaning, once you are high level, you can untrain all of your skills back to 0 and pick a different line to train in. The skill system is similar to Diablo 2.

All in all? The beta needs work, but that is what betas are for.