PDA

View Full Version : I made it Back To the Front Page and Busted 17K

Chong345
09-08-2002, 12:08 AM
Okay it was a pain in the ass to get here but I finally got back to the front page. Pretty rough cause I am aircooled on the Radeon and plus I don't know how to tweak this card at all. I did the typical AA and stuff but is there something I missing? Also I wish I had a 2.8 P4 cause I could run the FSB lower and get the 3:4 divider and gain CPU speed. Any donations ;)?

Well I hope I get to stay on the front longer but I am doubting cause cash flow has depleted. Also I wish those buggy scores would get removed already so I could enjoy my stay a little longer ;).

Maybe I'll try a pelt out tomorrow but I'm wondering what about the mounting? Since the heaspeader keeps the pelt from touching the core what do I have to do to make good contact? Use a lot of Artic Silver?

Well Another XS Member Back on the Front Page :cool:

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4422061

Jupiler
09-08-2002, 01:11 AM
A real nice score and a very good start. Congrats.:toast:

sysfailur
09-08-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Chong345
Okay it was a pain in the ass to get here but I finally got back to the front page. Pretty rough cause I am aircooled on the Radeon and plus I don't know how to tweak this card at all. I did the typical AA and stuff but is there something I missing? Also I wish I had a 2.8 P4 cause I could run the FSB lower and get the 3:4 divider and gain CPU speed. Any donations ;)?

Well I hope I get to stay on the front longer but I am doubting cause cash flow has depleted. Also I wish those buggy scores would get removed already so I could enjoy my stay a little longer ;).

Maybe I'll try a pelt out tomorrow but I'm wondering what about the mounting? Since the heaspeader keeps the pelt from touching the core what do I have to do to make good contact? Use a lot of Artic Silver?

Well Another XS Member Back on the Front Page :cool:

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4422061

Congrats first off, and second, if you wanna get past the heatspreader, you could use the silver thing that comes on the bottom of the p4... just cut it down. Kind of like a riser. Or just get a square small piece of copper. Kinda like an extension to the cold plate.

sysfailur
09-08-2002, 01:23 AM
Also, what's your 9700 clocked at?

Chong345
09-08-2002, 01:24 AM
359/339

Creative
09-08-2002, 01:27 AM
Very well done cHong....nice to see those 9700 are performing :D

DDTUNG
09-08-2002, 02:05 AM
Here's a couple of things to try before you go to a pelt:

1. Strap a stronger fan onto the stock HSF, 6cm Delta screamer or 8cm Delta would be good.

2. Do the Vgpu mod that OPP gave you. Set the VR to 8k to get around 1.6V.

3. Remove the frag tape from under the stock HS and use either a shim or plenty of AS3.

You should be good for another 15-20 MHZ on the core.

DDTUNG:cool:

Chong345
09-08-2002, 02:31 AM
Thanks DDTUNG :D
How should I go about Strapping a bigger fan on the heatsink? Should I just strap it directly on to the heatsink? I definately will try that cause the peltier option makes me nervous cause my water is about -15C and if I make a bad gasket and kill this card I think I might cry, lol. Anyway thanks for the advice. Hopefully I will get the extra 15-20mhz.

Chong

DDTUNG
09-08-2002, 02:38 AM
I leave the stock fan and just strap the big fan on directly, running the straps under the HS and then over the fan. I don't want to get your hopes up too high, but I ran at 385 core doing what I told you.:D

DDTUNG:cool:

Chong345
09-08-2002, 02:49 AM
Cool, I will try it. I'm not gonna hope for too much but I'm hoping for the best ;). I was thinking about slapping on the MCW40-T to make an attempt at gaining a little ground so I won't get bumped down so fast. Gonna be interesting to see how this goes. I'll more than likely just leave the thermal tape on because the first time I pull this heatsink off will be to put a pelt on. About the issue with core contact, should I just use a ton of AS3? Isn't there a better solution and also why is the design like that?

TheDude
09-08-2002, 07:23 AM
Chong345

Congrats on a a job well done!

I want to give it a shot when I get my new rig together, but I got a lot to learn first!:D