PDA

View Full Version : Raid to Single SSD

Hardass
07-24-2014, 01:08 AM
I am running 2x 256gb ssd in Raid 0 can I transfer that setup to a single 512gb ssd using Acronis software. Like clone the Raid 0 over to new ssd??

mongoled
07-24-2014, 06:04 AM
I am running 2x 256gb ssd in Raid 0 can I transfer that setup to a single 512gb ssd using Acronis software. Like clone the Raid 0 over to new ssd??
Yup dude you can do just that !

Done it many times, on older versions of Acronis I used to use the 'disk' option and untick to copy the MBR.

Sometimes has issues booting, but could resolve that by sticking in the Windows 7 disk, and letting it troubleshoot the issue and repair the MBR.

Hardass
07-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Yup dude you can do just that !

Done it many times, on older versions of Acronis I used to use the 'disk' option and untick to copy the MBR.

Sometimes has issues booting, but could resolve that by sticking in the Windows 7 disk, and letting it troubleshoot the issue and repair the MBR.

Going to give it a shot. Thanks.

Computurd
07-25-2014, 12:04 PM
If you have an issue you can get the plus pack which will allow you to slipstream in the driver. It was 10 bucks back in the day, but I found it to be irreplaceable when moving arrays and OS from different controllers. Acronis FTW :)

Hardass
07-26-2014, 04:21 AM
Thanks guys, I went with fresh install. Just made more sense.