PDA

View Full Version : Infinity or Lanparty B?

Palmen
02-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Hey Forum.

Which of the two motherboards, are to prefer when I will use them for overclocking?

The system will be:

Barton 2500+
2x 512 pc3500 Mushkin Level II
Maxtor 160GB SATA
Maxtor 120GB IDE133
Radeon 9700np

Water blocks from Dtek on CPU, NB and Gfx. Runs through a Thermochill 3b cooler.

Regards
Palmen

Sidebinder
02-10-2004, 02:34 PM
They are both the same, I own the Infinity tomorrow it comes. The infinity is just a watered down version of the lan party. It doesn't come with the glow/florescent board, rounded cables, etc. On the inside though, they are both the exact same boards minus/plus features of either board. I would go for the LANPARTY if I had the extra cash, but it isn't worth the extra 60bucks imo.

danrok
02-10-2004, 02:34 PM
These are the same board in different packaging. The lanparty comes with extras. Both should overclock the same.

Bad-Religion
02-10-2004, 02:48 PM
THE LAN PARTY HAS A DIFFERENT SERIAL ATA CHIPSET :smileysex

Palmen
02-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Bad-Religion
THE LAN PARTY HAS A DIFFERENT SERIAL ATA CHIPSET :smileysex

And which one is the best?

Regards
Palmen

Bad-Religion
02-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Palmen
And which one is the best?

Regards
Palmen

i wish i knew it... i've heard that silicon image 3114 is the best!. but ar u gonna use a SATA disk?, infinity (silicon image 3114)

i dont know my hd should get 150mb\s, but i just get about 95mb in benchmark,, it can be my hd or the chipset

Palmen
02-10-2004, 03:18 PM
i wish i knew it... i've heard that silicon image 3114 is the best!. but ar u gonna use a SATA disk?, infinity (silicon image 3114)

i dont know my hd should get 150mb\s, but i just get about 95mb in benchmark,, it can be my hd or the chipset

I’m currently using the Silicon Image 3112 on my Nf7-S.
But have just got my SATA HD, so can’t say anything about the performance yet.

Regards
Palmen

Bad-Religion
02-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Palmen
I’m currently using the Silicon Image 3112 on my Nf7-S.
But have just got my SATA HD, so can’t say anything about the performance yet.

Regards
Palmen .

well i dont know.. but when u ar installing windows with a 3114 chipset. windows tells you ,, silicon image 3114 has not passed the windows logo testing. the software that u ar installing for this hardware bla bla bla..... but i read this faq in DFI website.. and looked what they say!

DFI FAQ (http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/mb_faq_us.jsp?FAQ_ID=2510&SUBMITTED=No&PAGE_TYPE=US)

this that image that appears when u install windows with this chipset

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/FAQ/Images/07_sil.jpg

Bad-Religion
02-10-2004, 03:25 PM

well i dont know.. but when u ar installing windows with a 3114 chipset. windows tells you ,, silicon image 3114 has not passed the windows logo testing. the software that u ar installing for this hardware bla bla bla..... but i read this faq in DFI website.. and looked what they say!

DFI FAQ (http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/mb_faq_us.jsp?FAQ_ID=2510&SUBMITTED=No&PAGE_TYPE=US)

this that image that appears when u install windows with this chipset

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/FAQ/Images/07_sil.jpg

but dfi says that there wont be any problem.. that it is just windows has to update :D

Palmen
02-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Hehe :D
My Silicon Image 3112 said the same under the Xp installation :)

Regards
Palmen

Palmen
02-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Sidebinder
They are both the same, I own the Infinity tomorrow it comes. The infinity is just a watered down version of the lan party. It doesn't come with the glow/florescent board, rounded cables, etc. On the inside though, they are both the exact same boards minus/plus features of either board. I would go for the LANPARTY if I had the extra cash, but it isn't worth the extra 60bucks imo.

Originally posted by danrok
These are the same board in different packaging. The lanparty comes with extras. Both should overclock the same.

§§§§ the cables and the fluorescent stuff. :D
But aren’t there some performance difference? Because the Lanparty have some more features.

Regards
Palmen

TheDogFather
02-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Yeah the Lan parties nifty shoulder straps make it go faster. ;)

There the same, once more for the hard of hearing, the same. :D

TDF.

Sidebinder
02-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Oh yeah, I just noticed the LP has 2 network adapts on board. I don't think the Inf. does.

WiCKeD
02-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Basically, you're paying $55+ for an extra, gigabit lan, 2 more USB ports (8) and some fluorescent cables 'n' stuff :)

Edit: Scratched! :D

Shep
02-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Actually both boards use the same s-ata controler Sil3114, both have 4 s-ata connectors.

So scratch s-ata from the different list :D

OPPAINTER
02-10-2004, 11:19 PM
I've heard these boards have major v-core fluctuation.

Is this true??

OPP

Evil_Spork
02-11-2004, 12:19 AM
not major flux.. but there is some good undervolting goin on.

when i have my vdimm mod on and voltages maxed out across the board: 2.0vcore in bios yields 1.95 real. bad undervolt there, but its not too unstable, acording to WHM its about 1.93-1.97, but stays close to 1.95 pretty much all the time. as we know a windows monitor can tell some interesting lies to us, so i wouldnt trust that too much.

i would say a vcore/vsence mod is in order to help stabalize vcore and get more out of it. especially if you have other vmods.

my psu rails are all high,and rock solid: 3.5, 5.25, 12.00, so that isnt my problem.

DisposableHero
02-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by OPPAINTER
I've heard these boards have major v-core fluctuation.

Is this true??

OPP

yes it is true and if you vcore mod it.. (and have it handle it) it'll fluc. from say 2.1 - 2.0 terrible if you ask me