View Full Version : Aquaero 6 Questions

Circaflex
06-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Hey guys/gals

I am doing a mini rebuild on my system and I wanted to look into a controller than can also handle my mcp35x.

So far it seems my best choice is the Aquaero 6 but I had a few questions:

I cant find a proper answer as to how many watts per channel it can handle. My goal is to hook up the following:

1 MCP35X to the 4th Fan header and use it as PWM

I also have 12 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120 mm by Nidec Servo Corp. - Ultra High Speed fans that I would like to attach via y-splitters to the other 3 open fan headers. Is this possible with this controller or is it at its limit?

Swiftech also recommended this Zalman ZM-MFC3 Multi-Fan Speed Controller and said it has been tested to work with the MCP35x, I just need to find more details on it to see how many watt/channel it can handle, its obviously half the price and looks half the price but that isnt my goal

mandrix
06-19-2014, 01:02 PM
From the manual....

aquaero 6:
Maximum current is 2.5 A per output independent of output voltage, resulting
in a maximum power of 30 W at 12 V. Outputs will be switched of if
amplifier temperatures reach a critical level and will automatically be reactivated
when cooled down. If an output current of 3 A is exceeded, the output
will be permanently disabled. To reactivate the output, the aquaero (or
the complete PC) has to be disconnected from power for a short period of
time. The fan outputs are short-circuit proof.
All fan connectors can be used for conventional fans or PWM controlled
fans. For PWM fans, select ?Outputs? → ?Fans? → ?Fan 1-4? from the menu
and set ?Control mode? to ?PWM controlled?.

Shoggy
06-20-2014, 02:23 AM
No problem at all. We had two Laing D5 pumps + 40 fans running without any problems in a demo. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPQaMowIrmU)

Circaflex
06-22-2014, 10:18 AM
No problem at all. We had two Laing D5 pumps + 40 fans running without any problems in a demo. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPQaMowIrmU)

awesome! thank you guys!