PDA

View Full Version : Gene VI error code 32 voltage issues

filmbot
03-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Just curious, what exactly does error code 32 mean? Seems through my multitude of reboots, it seems if vCore is set too high from boot it hangs on code 32. Almost as you need to do it incrementally or is also tied to CPU or CPU/NB speed.

Example:

Can't boot at 1.2 vCore but can if start at 1.1 vCore and move up after numerous reboots.

or

If vCPU/NB is set to 1.15v then hangs

Curious is there is something I can do because my overclocks are most certainly stable once I can get into Windows and stress test but it is quite a maze of things to do and real waste of time to even get to Windows. I'd like to be able to have the voltage settings set and don't have to worry about rebooting or booting from cold using completely stable voltage values without taking 20mins just get to Windows. Seems it has to do with some correlation between memory divider(speed) and vCore. Anybody have any ideas?

CPU is 4770k and running BIOS 1203 but did have the same issue on past BIOS's also.

Brama
03-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Have you tried to disable surge protection in BIOS? I read that it is very sensitive in Asus MB and probably at cold 1.2 V are triggering some protection.

filmbot
03-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Have you tried to disable surge protection in BIOS? I read that it is very sensitive in Asus MB and probably at cold 1.2 V are triggering some protection.

No I haven't but I'm also not at cold temps. Seems the quickest fix right now is set vCore to 1.1v, boot at desired speeds, go back into BIOS, set stable volts then go boot into Windows. Though this seems unnecessary and that's why I'm looking for a fix.