PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the vgpu mod?

luihed
02-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Ived search everywhere and I cant find the vgpu mod for this thing.......

The only mod ive seen so far is the VDDQ mod by Holst, does that increase the vgpu?

Also where do you measure the vgpu from? Thanks....

MrIcee
02-08-2004, 10:35 PM
The GPU mod can be found in this thread (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25743) On the second page you'll see menthol mooses mod which I adopted on my own card after doing it the way you'll see it on page 1 of the thread.

Randi:D

TheDogFather
02-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by luihed
The only mod ive seen so far is the VDDQ mod by Holst, does that increase the vgpu?

Originally posted by MrIcee
The GPU mod can be found in this thread (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25743) On the second page you'll see menthol mooses mod
Are these the same mod, they seem to be to me. :confused:

I'm willing to try some stuff, but the only clear mod is the one reffered to as vddq, done by several people in that thread but clearest in Holsts pic on the first page.

TDF.

Vlad Draculea
02-09-2004, 11:03 AM
no help or aclarations about vmods needed.

luihed
02-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Thanks guys but im still confused here lol....... so vddq and vgpu mod is the same right? Ive done this mod and set the vr at 68ohms and it didnt help me get a higher overclock, also where do you measure the vgpu from?

TheDogFather
02-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Thanks again Vlad, I did have them confused, the one you linked to is the one (vgpu) I'm about to do, but thought it was the vddq mod.

Its hard when your new to this, everyones using acronyms and terms I've never heard let alone understand.

luihed, it seems vgpu and vddq are two differant mods, the one Vlad linked to is vgpu, is this the one you have done ?

Not sure what the vddq one is, I'll read through that thread again.

TDF.

luihed
02-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Yes thats the mod that I did and I set the vr to 68ohms like he said..... but Ive looked everywhere and I cant find where your suppose to measure the vgpu..... im using a 1k vr so I have to be sure on how much voltage is being affected with each movement........ so far with teh mod I got the card up to 270 on air.....

TheDogFather
02-09-2004, 07:23 PM
I just did mine and the card still works so it looks good. ;) I set mine to 68.1

I still can't figure out any other mod.

TDF.

luihed
02-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Did it make much difference in your OC? What voltage are you getting with the vr set to 68ohms?

TheDogFather
02-09-2004, 09:16 PM
I havn't got a clue where to measure the voltage either.

And my overclock seems worse if anything.

TDF.

Nico
02-09-2004, 10:43 PM
This is the Vgpu mod

You measure Vgpu from the back of the oictured mosfet, to gnd.

TheDogFather
02-09-2004, 10:55 PM
The back being the silver bit showing from behind it ?

Could these cards act differant, in as much as 68 ohm gives some people more core voltage but not others ?

Its warmer than the last time I ran the bench, but at 250/250 I get kicked out of 3dmark, where I didn't before.

TDF.

luihed
02-10-2004, 01:20 AM
Thanks Nico:toast: ..... that really helps alot.....

Nico
02-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by TheDogFather
The back being the silver bit showing from behind it ?

TDF.

Yes, and the other probe to any ground. ;)

Originally posted by TheDogFather
Could these cards act differant, in as much as 68 ohm gives some people more core voltage but not others ?

TDF.

If you have removed the little SMD resistor, then you'll want to wind up the resistance to around 78ohms and higher.

Originally posted by luihed
Thanks Nico:toast: ..... that really helps alot.....

Glad to be of assistance :D

TheDogFather
02-12-2004, 10:13 PM
I've been adjusting the resistance tonight, got the voltage up to 2.15v but it doesnt seem to make any differance, I'm still stuck around the 250/250 mark.

I don't seem to have gained anything.

The card doesnt seem to be getting too hot.

TDF.