PDA

View Full Version : Vapochill LS - 1155/3570k - (Mod or not to Mod?)

3v1L_D34D
11-11-2013, 04:24 AM
Hi,

New to the forum as a member, im from the UK and been reading for a long while... and a big fan of some of your work... and now i have a project myself im looking out for some advice/help if anyone is up for it??

I have a vapochill lightspeed, which to be honest hasnt been used... ever... now i want to use it in my latest case mod project but im unsure if its going to have the cooling capacity i need to firstly cool stock... and then cool the overclock. Will this require alot of modding? Which parts would you consider replacing? some guidance on where to go? (i can see the stickies, just wondering if there are any better UK ones)

I would like to change the condenser for a 240mm rather than a 120x120mm but not sure where to look?

Thanks for the help in advance!!
3v1L,

Dumo
11-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Imo, as long as your Vapo LS works ok (no leaks) then it will take your 3570K to 5.3Ghz easy oc. I'm using stock Vapo LS on Haswell and no problem at all.

Piotres is recommended if you choose to mod it http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?287564-Repaired-units-(Prometeia-2x-LD-unit)

3v1L_D34D
11-12-2013, 01:42 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the advice!

:)

I have emailed him with some questions, including mods to the location/position and size of the condenser/rad... plus prices on a longer suction line.
It would be awesome to make the space it uses slightly smaller length-ways to make it easier to squeeze into my coolermaster cosmos and if that makes it a better cooler
than thats just a bonus, ofc i will let you know what he comes back with!

3v1L,

3v1L_D34D
11-13-2013, 02:52 AM
Nothing yet.... anyone else?

3v1L,