PDA

View Full Version : BF4 not optimised for pc ?

Mtemel
11-08-2013, 03:03 AM
is this a joke? i mean what has happened to pc games. i cant beleive that crappy consoles and cod money making franchise have really messed up the real games they used to make on pc...

ok so i understand that ea made the officail bf4 pc trailer using 2x7990s so i was sure that they would have optimised multi gpu's for this game right?

WRONG new beta drivers 13.11 include fix for 20%better scaling for multi gpu's seems to fix 2xgpus by around 20% but not 4.

using 1 x 7990 you get far better fps than running 2 x 7990. Why?

1x7990 gpu1 n gpu2 usage around 50-70 percent

2x7990 gpu1,2,3,4 usage around 20-30 percent

the trailer ea used they had 2x7990 and it looked pretty smooth, so what drivers where they using i wounder.....

so i hear u saying what u expect 4 gpus etc etc

i expect 80-90 percent usage across all gpu's just like it it when i play tomb raider and get around 350 400 fpsif soem games can work then why not all, they just goto write into games and drivers for this to work

else they shouldnt sell mobo's with more than 2 gfx slots and or should stop making multi gpu cards with out the support tbh

1 thing that keeps bugging me tho

what drivers or changes did they make to bf4 to make them run so nice in the trailer, and why not bring this to the live game...

very fustrating as i can NEVER have enough power! :D

bring back the days of single core cpu and gpusthen you know exactly what to expect no gimics or sales tricks

Mtemel
11-08-2013, 05:20 AM
just 1 7990 having issues with bf4

ive never seen this kind of usage before

so disappointing

edit

i have 2 cards and they both act the same way, before anyone thinks it s a dodgey card maybe

Mtemel
11-08-2013, 09:32 AM
here is better percentage of use but still looks dodgey as 2nd card all over the place again

this cant be normal

other games utilise all gpus fine and tombraider 4 has almost full use of 4 gpus if i ran 7990 crossfire

just wish this was the case with all games

but 4 gpu s on bf4 is a joke 20-30 usage and this is new release, im sad :<

=[PULSAR]=
11-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Whats your CPU usage in game. I'm running 7950's in crossfire at 1150/1400 with 100% usage on both. I'm also running a dual xeon rig with 12c/24t @ 4.2ghz.

urbanfox
11-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Two 7970's running it @ 2560x1440 Ultra 4x MSAA with zero issues.

Mtemel
11-08-2013, 07:01 PM
guys do you mind taking screen pics of your gpu usage please? and what drivers are you using ? also what os are you runnign

kind regards

chinobino
11-08-2013, 07:12 PM
@ Mtemel, what CPU do you have and what is it overclocked to?

Mtemel
11-09-2013, 02:31 AM
=;5215622']Whats your CPU usage in game. I'm running 7950's in crossfire at 1150/1400 with 100% usage on both. I'm also running a dual xeon rig with 12c/24t @ 4.2ghz.

cpu usage max in game is around 92 on 2 cores

and i have a fx590 @ 5.2 mhz

please can someone send pic of crossfire usage with 2 cards running bf4

pulsar i have never had my 6970s running at 100% on any game or any other multi gpu system running at 100% both cards in any game

screen shot usage plz wen in bf4

what drivers and os u have

thanks

zanzabar
11-09-2013, 03:21 AM
cpu usage max in game is around 92 on 2 cores

and i have a fx590 @ 5.2 mhz

please can someone send pic of crossfire usage with 2 cards running bf4

pulsar i have never had my 6970s running at 100% on any game or any other multi gpu system running at 100% both cards in any game

screen shot usage plz wen in bf4

what drivers and os u have

thanks

i think you mean ghz, and you dont have the IO or cpu power to run what you want. bf4 is supposed to only use 4 threads, and being on amd i am willing to bet it is only using 2 cores. have you tried to disable the even or odd cores with overdrive.

=[PULSAR]=
11-09-2013, 05:05 AM

Mtemel
11-09-2013, 11:39 AM
i think you mean ghz, and you dont have the IO or cpu power to run what you want. bf4 is supposed to only use 4 threads, and being on amd i am willing to bet it is only using 2 cores. have you tried to disable the even or odd cores with overdrive.

its using all cores, some at 50-65% but 2 are more loaded around 90. and i think the fx 9590 running at 5 ghz should do the job of 2x 7990s right?

pulsar why do you think i am getting such crap usage? when essentially the 7990 is just 2 x 7970s and u quite clearly are getting lovely usage
if you ran on a 64 man server online are you getting the same useage? i font get why mine is so low.

i dont get whats going on i have 2 of these cards and they both do the same thing

thinking of just selling them both for 2 x 290s

can anyoone help me out

=(

zanzabar
11-09-2013, 12:30 PM
remember you are basically running a quad core that can do one float and one int per core at the same time. games are not coded to work that way so if you have windows distributing load for power savings you are getting killed. amd chips are one full core per module, so disabling every other core gets you one thread per real core.

Mtemel
11-09-2013, 12:59 PM
memory usage is strange

but anyway heres a pic i made sure all cores were unparked then ran bf4 again and u 70-80% load max this is not why gpu load is not 100 percent m sure

does the fact that i can ran tombraider with 2x 7990 and i see 90 % usage on all 4 gpus and firestrike 100% usage on all 4 gpus mean anything?

i think its bf4 or driver or win7 64 problem

but i m just guessing

Mtemel
11-09-2013, 01:39 PM
pulsar are you running w8 by any chance?

=[PULSAR]=
11-09-2013, 04:19 PM
win7 64bit

Can you please show your task manager with the performance tab and your processes tab sorted by CPU.

Mtemel
11-09-2013, 05:25 PM
hey check this link out also

http://www.overclock.net/t/1438939/low-gpu-usage-bf4-7950-crossfire

see what you think

=[PULSAR]=
11-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Some reason it's like AMD just can't handle the through put of the gfx cards. First your MB supports PCI-E 2.0 and not 3.0 listed for 7990's a small difference. Being a dual GPU card it is definitely going to take advantage of the almost doubled bandwidth. I might also try either reverting back to 13.9 drivers, setting bf4 priority higher or messing around with the affinity under processes.

Mtemel
11-10-2013, 02:39 AM
=;5215908']Some reason it's like AMD just can't handle the through put of the gfx cards. First your MB supports PCI-E 2.0 and not 3.0 listed for 7990's a small difference. Being a dual GPU card it is definitely going to take advantage of the almost doubled bandwidth. I might also try either reverting back to 13.9 drivers, setting bf4 priority higher or messing around with the affinity under processes.##

http://www.overclock.net/t/1438939/l...7950-crossfire

if you check the link i gave you above you ll see people with intell setups having the identical problem where others with same set up do not..

its doubtful its amd cpu problem

check the link and tell me what you think?

brandinb
11-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Try windows 8.1, I think there is a reason they recommend it. Just throw it on another hdd and download origin and give it a spin to see if the results are better.
good luck

NEOAethyr
11-11-2013, 09:19 AM
The latest radeon drivers supposedly improve scaling by 20%, might help...

I'm using win7 x64, it seems to be performing decent with my cpu at stock clocks and my ram at 1666, cpu-nb I think around 2800 or something (downclocked because of some random stability probs a while back, bsod's I'm still getting with some other thing, I actually think it's my array but it's not really making any sense..., off topic, if you really wanna know, it's a torrent file that's bsod'ing me, regardless of drive's storage location :\, and downclock... ).

I see some slow downs but nothing drastic.
Single vga card of course, 680, until I get the intel rig up.
Details maxed, -15 lod, no aa, no af.
Likely performing better then any upcoming console.

Perhaps any slowdowns people might get might be due to to many tasks running in the bg or something I don't know.
No 3d, no aa or anything fancy, just the game maxed, runs good on my end.

Game ain't to bad either, been getting into it.
It's always the scripted stuff that annoys me but the game, well eh, it's got slightly improved graphics and collecting new weapons is cool, driving vehicles, etc.
Finally got a steyr aug and a lmg...
One thing that annoys me to no end is the view distance though, it's not just the detail levels, it's to a point where I can't hit some of the bad guys yet they can get me with lucky shots all the time.
It would help if I could at least zoom in the scope somehow.
Using the swing in scope attachment thingy's doesn't actually seem to zoom in any if you pay close attention :\.
I would of figured at least the tank could zoom in lol.

One other thing, could just be me though being retarded, I could not get the binocs to work, really at all.
I push the Q button and I see a dot but I can't zoom or anything like that, I don't know what the heck I'm doing lol.

=[PULSAR]=
11-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Do you have vsync enabled still?

Mtemel
11-12-2013, 10:12 AM
=;5216148']Do you have vsync enabled still?

no

i noticed something weird

it seems like what ever card or combo of cards i put in it rounds them all up into 1 card i.e 1 gpu 100% usage 2 gpus around 50% usage for both = 100% usage 4 gpus 25% usage for each x 4 = 100% get what i mean? is there some setting that is doing this?

also another Strange thing if i have settings maxed out and with 200% resolution i get 50-70 fps turn all settings to low and resolution to 25% the game looks like TOTAL crap but im getting 60-80 fps What the hell?

something is a miss :x

Blacklash
11-14-2013, 02:00 AM
If you haven't tried disabling core parking give that a whirl. Run regedit as an admin and use find to locate specify the minimum number of unparked cores/packages allowed (in percentage), match the ValueMax to the ValueMin. It should be set to 0. Use F3 or find next to adjust all other instances that appear in the same manner. Restart your computer. I'd drop KB2645594 on my computer before doing this. That's the old BD scheduler fix that should help PD too.

Link to KB2645594.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2087/windows-scheduler-update-for-amd-fx-bulldozer-kb2645594-x86-x64/mirrors

The above may help and it may not. I always do it after installing my OS for my FX 6300. I'm on Win 7 x64 HP.

I also disable things like APM in the BIOS.

urbanfox
11-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Two 7970's running it @ 2560x1440 Ultra 4x MSAA with zero issues.

I lied.

Crossfire enabled with last two betas crash with memory issues. One GPU no issues. Hoping new betas come out soon.

Olivon
11-14-2013, 11:20 PM
FX CPU are not good at all regarding multi GPU + Quad fire is , most of the time, counter-productive because of really bad scaling in games.

Mtemel
11-15-2013, 04:01 AM
[QUOTE=Olivon;5216794]FX CPU are not good at all regarding multi GPU "

you havnt been reading the post or links properly

please.............

Olivon
11-15-2013, 04:45 AM
Please what ?

http://vr-zone.com/articles/amd-fx-8350-vs-intel-core-i7-3770k--4.8ghz--multi-gpu-gaming-performance/17494.html

FX + Quad GPU = bad idea

Mtemel
11-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Please what ?

http://vr-zone.com/articles/amd-fx-8350-vs-intel-core-i7-3770k--4.8ghz--multi-gpu-gaming-performance/17494.html

FX + Quad GPU = bad idea

dude this link is for 2x 7970 which is duel GPU'S not quad...........

for a start my 9590 amd cpu is running 5,250 ghz, and if you see the screens i posted you see cpu not even close to bottlenecking
2nd i have seen many benchmarks where it shows amd having the same fps as intel more or less
3rd The PROOF is always what you actually find in the real world yourself. see below :)

patch from bf4 today average fps went from average of 70 to average of 150 and usage has gone up from 30-50 % to 60-100 this is with 1 x 7990 and on operation locker map i would get around 50 fps with 30% usage moslty. now getting upto 200 fps in places and Gpu's upto 100% usage!!!!!
Not sure if patch is as effective for 4 gpu's gona try 2 x 7990 later hopefully be stuck at 200 fps permenanlty if they have sorted it for 4 gpu aswell

Looks like BF4 WAS NOT optimised for pc as i said all along.......

Im telling you this is EA were talkin about i have seen their BS many time in the past,

Im mainly a gamer, but i cannot play my games unless i know my system is optimised fully to give me the experience i have payed for through buying hardware.

So many people i know dont run msi to see usage or fraps to see what performance they are getting and would be happy with 60 fps even tho they never see what fps they have, as to them it would feel they running the game fine, even though they have hardware that should be producing 120+ fps

all posts regarding amd suckage etc as i was trying to say all along simply No........ :)

Mtemel
11-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Please what ?

FX + Quad GPU = bad idea

that link is total rushish as i said the proof comes in the real world with your own experiences
sleeping dogs benchmark on ultra with my 9590 amd cpu and a single stock 7990
in the link you out it had amd cpu scoring 45fps these settings but i m running that exact same test.

NEOAethyr
11-15-2013, 09:39 AM
I've beated the game, not sure when it was, either yesterday or the day before.
I'm not exactly impressed with it but whatevers :).

I had my issues as well.
Not many crashes, 2-3, and no bsod's.
One of the crashes was when it went to a load a map and couldn't, my fault for trying again right after it screwed up the 1st time.

Sometimes the game doesn't load the map completely, example opening the door at the end of the game pretty much to go into the ship, I fell right through the ship and died 1st time I did that.
Another time I was on a map with abridge, was supposed to take out an apc or tank, whatever it was, but it killed it's self by driving off the bridge (only half of it was there).
Then I fell into a hole, thinking it was like vietnam and part of the game I actually got stuck there and had to restart the level from scratch.
Apparently that was NOT part of the game lol...

I've fallen through the map 2 times so far, had it not load the whole level many times.
Probably 6-8 times.

If the game loads the map right, it's usually stable.
I've only had it crash on map loading, when loading a level and it failing to start the level, or just crash, with me noticing there was nothing going on anymore, alt-tabbing to see the game close it's self out with no error.
But then again, my system never was 100%, just the other day after flashing my phone I got a mem could not be ref'ed error.
I don't really wanna even think about that crap though (I somehow lost my warranty that day, darn thing flashed my bootloader somehow or unless it was google play store with it's freaking auto updates that messed my phone up twice so far that did it, not sure).

I haven't updated the game though at all, nor my drivers.
I gotta look for graphic tweaks, I don't think the game's quality is all that, just personally...
Maybe there's a tweak for draw distance or some sort of ingame lod tweak or something.
I would try cod ghosts but I keep bsod'ing when trying to download it lol, I don't now what the heck is going on with that (tried a diff partition, downclocking and all that, it just seems like my system is saying no more cod lol).

Anyways, I'm not sure about any performance issues.
Not really seeing them, but then again there were peeps out there saying that the new batman is a perf hog, I didn't notice :\.

Olivon
11-16-2013, 12:05 AM
FX Vs. Core i7: Exploring CPU Bottlenecks And AMD CrossFire - Tom'sHardware (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-core-i7-3770k-gaming-bottleneck,3407.html)

Our benchmark results have long shown that ATI's graphics architectures are more dependent on a strong processor than Nvidia's. As a result, we usually arm our test beds with high-end Intel CPUs when it comes time to benchmark high-end GPUs, sidestepping platform issues that might adversely affect results designed to isolate graphics performance.

We were hoping that AMD's Piledriver update would break that trend, but even a handful of impressive advancements aren't enough to match the effectiveness of AMD's graphics team. Might Steamroller be the evolutionary step forward needed to unleash the GCN architecture's peak performance?

Mtemel
11-16-2013, 05:43 AM
FX Vs. Core i7: Exploring CPU Bottlenecks And AMD CrossFire - Tom'sHardware (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-core-i7-3770k-gaming-bottleneck,3407.html)

this was 8 months ago when ati drivers had stutter issues also stock intel speed 3.5 stock amd stock 4 ghz so they overclocked intel by 25% and over clocked amd by 10 % another flawed test and out of date, as new drivers are awsome......

are you that ignorant and arogant that you cant read what i wrote and see the REAL benchmark i just showed you? i have 150-200 fps bf4 maxed out on 64 man servers ......amd chip is just fine thanks

god man just keep you opinions to your self dude

your embarresing yourself .....

Olivon
11-16-2013, 07:20 AM
Not at all.

I got a friend which got a x79 rig and an AM3+ one and AMD rig is lagging in XFire in some games.
Quad-GPU lags real driver support too and seeing bad scaling on it is a current situation.

NEOAethyr
11-16-2013, 01:01 PM
My best guess is that scaling should improve with future drivers.
You could try the new beta drivers and that should improve scaling a little bit, but it might not be stable.
In which case you may be better off with sticking with v13.9 and waiting it out up to a month or 2 for better drivers.

You cpu could be holding you back 10-20fps, I can't say for certainty though, but I would guess it would hold you back a little bit...
And 4x crossfire or sli has said to scale poorly compared to 2x from what I've read.

But anyways, within a month or 2 you should probably have no problems scaling as you usually would expect it to work.
So... my best guess would be to enjoy the game as is for now, even if it ends up meaning you have using an earlier driver not made for the game.

Mtemel
11-18-2013, 05:36 AM
My best guess is that scaling should improve with future drivers.
You could try the new beta drivers and that should improve scaling a little bit, but it might not be stable.
In which case you may be better off with sticking with v13.9 and waiting it out up to a month or 2 for better drivers.

You cpu could be holding you back 10-20fps, I can't say for certainty though, but I would guess it would hold you back a little bit...
And 4x crossfire or sli has said to scale poorly compared to 2x from what I've read.

But anyways, within a month or 2 you should probably have no problems scaling as you usually would expect it to work.
So... my best guess would be to enjoy the game as is for now, even if it ends up meaning you have using an earlier driver not made for the game.

yea im happy with 2xgpu performance right now, and as mentioned i do get awsome usage from a few games even with 4 gpu's like tombraid really is coded well for 4 gpus, it just needs a few game makers and ati just to put a bit more effort into drivers for 4xgpu and i ll be laughing, but for now im happy as you said to play bf4 with 2gpu's getting (100-200 some maps higher than other) fps maxed out on 64 man servers which is great, before last patch i would get 40-120 fps and i could not be happy with that :)

Mtemel
11-18-2013, 05:40 AM
Not at all.

I got a friend which got a x79 rig and an AM3+ one and AMD rig is lagging in XFire in some games.
Quad-GPU lags real driver support too and seeing bad scaling on it is a current situation.

has your freind got a fx9590 running at 5.2 ghz? (24/7stable) no?

ok then let me tell you as i have this cpu it is pretty good :) its not quite as good as top end overpriced intel cpus but for games it is almost on par with them say 10-15 fps less in gaming situation even with 2xgpus.

Olivon
11-18-2013, 12:45 PM
A 4770K is not overpriced CPU and put this processor ashamed.
I like my FX-8320 but I'm realistic, I know what Intel can do.

urbanfox
11-18-2013, 02:17 PM
its not quite as good as top end overpriced intel cpus

Wait, isn't the 4770K HUNDREDS cheaper than the AMD 9000 series?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess just a hundred bucks cheaper... Still "overpriced" I guess...

vario
11-20-2013, 04:31 AM
Mtemel, from all the info i get, BF4 is half done still, its pretty much a state of things nowadays, 4 GPU setups running AMD are pretty much last on the list for optimizing.
Anyhow, from all the info we are getting, wait for mantle support for BF4 it SHOULD remove the CPU problem on your side.

Mtemel
02-05-2014, 01:10 AM
goto bump this so the people who were SOOO wrong about amd intel BS, people such as oblivion who were TOTALY clueless about bf4 not being optimised for pc

bf4 patch released and 14.1 beta from amd released together and running with win 8.1

I will show screen shot later of all cards at 100% usage getting 150 - 200 fps on all maps ultra setting 64 man server with 200% resolution with 1080p maltisampling to almost 4k resolution

being arrogant and ignorant and posting pure BS dont help people,

i suggest you guys take a lesson from this and in future keep you thought tourself especially when people have problems and need help

thanks

Olivon
02-05-2014, 05:04 AM
Thanks to admit that before 14.1 CPU performance was awfull.
With all the Mantle testing galore, everybody knows now.

http://tof.canardpc.com/view/c3c11582-d903-48af-ba09-1e5e8d5ddd1d.jpg http://tof.canardpc.com/view/38b233bb-ef60-4b9a-8a5e-f9f0d684241c.jpg

As you can see, an i5-4670K stock is doing the same as FX-8350 OC to 5GHz with Mantle activated while consuming lot less energy.
Without Mantle, an i5-3570K stock is doing better than a FX-8350 5GHz and an i3-4330 is doing better than a stock FX-8350.
With crossfire results are even worse dude.
If FX was so good before 14.1, why AMD developped Mantle and shows the important CPU gains with it ?
Leave me alone and stop being aggressive while you're completly wrong.