PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Steam Box Thread

64NOMIS
10-04-2013, 07:33 PM
We have been configuring PC's with long HDMI cables that would send a spec Steam Box home crying without its lunch money. Show us what you've got hooked up to your TV. Chances are, the only 3D display any of us might own is going to be the one in our living room, and Valve is going to be a big VR supporter so here it will reside.

I just finished my latest desktop rig here and its connected to "Console 2.0" http://tagaboom.com/GaboomPlayerfs.aspx?boomid=5835

I had built Console 2.0 with an integrated HTPC but ultimately realized the power of a very long HDMI cable. The HDMI cable is the Steam Box, the Steam Box is the HDMI cable. I can play with my Razer Hydra or Keyboard & Mouse, and I've got a nice air mouse for remote control.

My new rig, built two weeks ago is old skool with a mint, never before built Alienware Star Wars chassis circa 2004 with an FX/ES and still running my 5970. Just bought 2 sticks of DDR3 1866 CL10. It doesn't look like much but its got it where it counts. That chassis holds great memories and you can't even imagine when I walked into my good friend's garage two months ago and he said, look at these...in storage for a decade, never built, and apart from a touch of dust, unspoiled.

What have you got hooked up to your TV? Running Steam Big Picture for proof (Hit the Big Picture button in the upper right of Steam). If you use Tagaboom to post it, I'll be really impressed.

BeepBeep2
10-07-2013, 03:15 PM
I'll be in on this soon.
My box is a little repurposed right now.

Half the size of an Xbox 360!