PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have an SSD for the OS and my Samsung F3's running RAID 0?

Hans Gruber
09-02-2013, 09:22 AM
I just put a system together after several years MIA. I have the OS on the SSD. I plant o reinstall the OS and wanted to setup my Samsung F3's in a RAID O. There is an option to use part of the SSD to run each of the drives as a hybrid stand alone that takes somewhere around 20GB per drive. Intel Smart Response technology. They have weird rules using the Intel Smart Response based on 8GB of ram or less.

I have read people have their SSD running the OS and the standard magnetic drives in a RAID O. How do I get my system to recognize the SSD with a RAID O setup?

I want the 120GB as the OS and the Samsung F3's in a RAID 0 for non essential games and music storage. I have never been confused like this before. Need guidance.

Hans Gruber
09-03-2013, 01:36 PM
I noticed that the driver was named iaStorV.sys, so I did a search for it and found it already installed in the Windows\System32\Drivers folder. I did a registry search for it and found it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\iaStorV. This made me happy!

Some more Googling later and I figured out that if I changed the REG_DWORD from 3 to 0 that it would enable things to work. I rebooted the computer, went back into the BIOS and changed the SATA controller to use RAID, pointed it to boot from the clone, and it booted right up! This came from a guy named Greg.