PDA

View Full Version : Error installing windows pro

UsMarine
02-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Well I installed a fresh copy of windows.

first I erased the partition and created a newone.

After it formats the new partition it loads files with a bar gradually going to 100%.

Well you know when a file has an error it says "Hit Enter to Retry or ESC to skip file.

Well I had to skip 3 files what do you guys think? Do I have a corrupt windows install?

TheDude
02-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Yes.....I would run some tests on the hard drive or switch to another one if you have one...then install the first one as slave and reformat and test it.
I don't know which files you skipped but they are all there for a reason.
You can probably get some diagnostic software to run on the hard drive from the makers website.

Hardass
02-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Also make sure when you install the os your system is not overclocked.

Keeper
02-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Clean your ROM drive too, and inspect the CD for scratches. If a scratch is the reason for the file not being recognized try one of the repair kits for CD's.

Using dishwashing liquid on a scratch works pretty well if you don’t have a kit (just dilute it before applying it on your CD and use a soft Kleenex to dry).

UsMarine
02-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Hardass
Also make sure when you install the os your system is not overclocked.

Well that sucks I was overclocked to 4.0 ghz when I installed windows.

what will it do if you install windows while overclocked?

And so far I havent seen any problems

UPDATE:

Well My USB doesnt work

The drivers for this device are not installed.

I will try again with my CPU at stock.

Hardass
02-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Twice I have installed os with rigs oced and have had problems. I always install os at stock speed, then give it the juice.;)

UsMarine
02-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Well I re-instaled windows and had to skip the same files.

SLBCAMD.DLL
WBDBASE.ITA
USBCAMD.SYS
USBCAMD2.SYS

How can I fix my problem. I can't use my USB which I think is the usbcamd.sys

And also I know I am gonna come up with the problems for the other files I skipped.

I explored my widows corp CD that I made and the 4 files are there so I know they are not missing.

TheDogFather
02-08-2004, 04:47 AM
You could try copying the four files to another disk, then when it fails to find them, point it at the other disk.

It is a strange one, it happens to me. I have to use three discs to install windows and still end up skipping a file. :s

Its funny how it cant find a file but when you put it in another machine, its there and readable.

TDF.

TheDude
02-08-2004, 05:21 AM
You can also try recopying your install disk and using the copy to install...has worked for me in the past.

UsMarine
02-08-2004, 05:47 AM
I think it is either a corrput copy of windows xp pro corp. (I downloaded the iso and exctracted all the file to make the bootable cd) I lost my old Cd.

Or 1 of my HD's are screwed I am using 2 raptor 36gb HD's in Raid-0

isp
02-08-2004, 01:41 PM
I've had that problem before, it was the cd...just needed to be cleaned off with some water and a kleenex :D

Dud3!
02-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Never had a problem installing OSes on my stuff when it's OCed, but that's because mine are 103% stable...

I'd say the OC is the culprit.

GeekGoddess
02-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Well, we've had that problem lots of times. We have like 3 copies of Xp round the house...when we install and it can't find the file, we swap disks,,,sometimes it takes swapping the disks several times to get it installed. pain in the butt, but it does the trick. Also, when was the last time you cleaned your drive? sometimes a dirty laser lens can mess ya up too. We also had a hellova time with a couple of our cd-drives, both were MSI's...didnt want to read good. We got a Lite-on drive,,,worked like a charm,,,installed fast and smooth, no disk swaps required!

UsMarine
02-09-2004, 06:50 AM
It was a corrupt copy of windows.

I found my old cd and it worked perfect.

Also a problem I ran into I bought a 250gb HD and the Abit ic7 Max3 only supports partitions up to 127gb so I had to make 2 partitions. Its all good now though