PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what happened?

ingeborgdot
08-12-2013, 06:45 AM
I always have more than one hard drive in my systems and in this case I have 3. I have an SSD OS drive, and two others I will use for docs, pics, music, and videos etc. Well, here is the story. I was showing someone how to take and put the docs and stuff on the other hard drives. I have done it a hundred times but I must have not paid attention to something when I was talking and discussing because something is not quite right. It works and all but it is still not right. The symbol in my computer section for hard drive for this one hard drive has changed. In the documents I have saved games, videos, pictures etc. This is not supposed to be like that. Can anyone tell me what happened and what I can do to fix it?

[XC] Oj101
08-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Autorun.INF can be used to change the drive icon. Check the root of the drive for a file called Autorun.INF and delete it.

ingeborgdot
08-12-2013, 11:17 AM
How do I get to the root?

[XC] Oj101
08-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Double click the drive icon :)

The root of a drive means you aren't in a folder - eg C:\ would be the root of the C: drive.

ingeborgdot
08-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Fixed the icon but there is still a crazy problem. If I go to put the documents folder back into its original folder c, it now won't let me. It's like the D drive and the my documents are the same thing now. I have done this hundreds of times and this is the first so I don't know what to do. It says Failed to build the list of regular subfolder under D:\System Volume Information" Access is denied.