PDA

View Full Version : Problems with mcubed T-Balancer BigNG firmware/software. Hoping someone knows

givmedew
08-10-2013, 02:20 PM
I have a BigNG I use it to monitor water and air temps and control fans. I have kind of known I was screwed with this thing from the get go. It is very obvious that the company abandoned this thing shortly after it was designed and what they call updates where just thrown together quickly.

Regardless I have tried to make it work for what I need.

The thing is that no matter what I can't get a real RPM to show. It just guesses what the RPM is even if there is no RPM lead and even if you stick your finger in the fan so it isn't getting the RPM from the RPM lead.

The other issue I am having is I can not run the 2.12 software it just gives me an runtime error 6 overflow error. It did run once but that was it and it was the first time running it after updating the firmware to 3.4. The 3.4 firmware will not work with the older v2 software it displays temps but the fans are stuck in PWM mode at 100%/12v and displays no RPM just a 0.

Also I read somewhere that an alpha firmware existed but the link was dead on where I read it. It was posted in 2009 or 2010 and the 3.4 firmware is older then that.

Any help from anyone still trying to use one of these would be great

Yaka
08-11-2013, 09:46 AM
the runtime error forced me to switch to the new lamptron fan controller. the mcubed t-balancer is a solid kit no idea why they abandoned it so quickly.

Makymaco
08-11-2013, 09:53 AM
i droped the t-balancer for an aquaero

givmedew
08-12-2013, 12:10 PM
I am thinking about dumping it for the corsair water cooling controller. It is cheap designed around PWM and has thermal sensor support and seems like some pretty baller software. I would guess the software will continue to be developed since I think it is the same stuff they ship with the AIO units.

I'd buy the aquaero lite but not enough support for PWM.

Evantaur
08-12-2013, 12:21 PM
i killed mine by accidentally using it as LCD display :rofl:

now it just beeps :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing loud every time i connect it, using lamptron controller now (i wouldn't even need one since my board could provide 30w to fans)

btw never managed to get RPM reading either

givmedew
08-12-2013, 04:20 PM
i killed mine by accidentally using it as LCD display :rofl:

now it just beeps :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing loud every time i connect it, using lamptron controller now (i wouldn't even need one since my board could provide 30w to fans)

btw never managed to get RPM reading either

When you say no RPM do you mean blank as in 0 or as in the fake RPM that is not the real RPM? I think no RPM comes from using the v2 software with the 3.4 firmware. 3.2 firmware displays the fake RPM.

What did you ruin using as a LCD? The T-Ban or your aquaero?

Evantaur
08-12-2013, 05:36 PM
When you say no RPM do you mean blank as in 0 or as in the fake RPM that is not the real RPM? I think no RPM comes from using the v2 software with the 3.4 firmware. 3.2 firmware displays the fake RPM.

What did you ruin using as a LCD? The T-Ban or your aquaero?

it displayed 0 RPM, and i destroyed it with LCDsmartie when i was thinkin i was controlling my LCD display, next think i knew t-balancer was beeping :P (wrong com port in settings)

lowfat
08-12-2013, 05:43 PM
it displayed 0 RPM, and i destroyed it with LCDsmartie when i was thinkin i was controlling my LCD display, next think i knew t-balancer was beeping :P (wrong com port in settings)

You shouldn't be able to damage the T-Balancer like that AFAIK.

Evantaur
08-12-2013, 06:51 PM
You shouldn't be able to damage the T-Balancer like that AFAIK.

well tell that to it

Razor Time
08-18-2013, 07:24 AM
i droped the t-balancer for an aquaero

Same here. The bigng is a great bit of kit but the aquaero software is far nicer and less buggy to work with.