PDA

View Full Version : New to WC, Loop map help!

Hexenvalor
08-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi all!
I'm brand new to the forum as of today. I have been on here checking out all the awesome WC pics and builds. I have been blown away at how awesome the builds are. I only just recently became very interested in WC, about a couple weeks now. I never really knew much about it before. Then I decided I may as well start learning. I hope to learn from you all!

I have been building computers for a little more then 10 years now. It's something I love and enjoy doing. But I never had checked into WC. Now, for about a week and a half now, I have been on forums reading, watching youtube videos, and checking out all the awesome pics you all have posted here. I decided to join the mix on here.

I come to you now for any advice you may have for me. I have been trying to learn everything I can. I plan to start a WC build in the next couple of months. Last night I sat down and attempted to make a scale map of my PC, and then tried to make a loop on the map. I created 2 of them. The first is a single loop with 2 options. The second is a dual loop config. The dual loop I made for the reason of looks, added effect. Using 2 different coolant colors to get the extra "cool look" factor from it. But I am unsure about it all. I'm open to any and all opinions and advice. Thanks all!

-Hexenvalor-

http://imageshack.us/a/img843/5891/ifoc.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img821/2861/xpcp.jpg

Conumdrum
08-09-2013, 04:49 AM
Single loop. Res before pump. No funny liquids, just distilled and a biocide. Your way short on radiator. You'll need 120x4, not 120x2 possibly, depending on the GPU you have.

Ohh and no reason to WC the mobo or ram.

m_jones_
08-09-2013, 05:08 AM
Single loop. Res before pump. No funny liquids, just distilled and a biocide. Your way short on radiator. You'll need 120x4, not 120x2 possibly, depending on the GPU you have.

I completely agree with all of the above. If you haven't bought the case already I would suggest changing your mind about it otherwise stick a additional 120 rad at the back of the case.

Hexenvalor
08-09-2013, 11:31 AM

I completely agree with all of the above. If you haven't bought the case already I would suggest changing your mind about it otherwise stick a additional 120 rad at the back of the case.

Thank you guys for the advice. This is why I posted here to begin with. Ive already got the case and the system, just nothing water cooled or any of the water cooling parts yet. Ive been trying to research as much as I can before I get into it. Probably in the next month or two I will have everything ordered and ready to install. On the second pic I posted, thats actually parts I have already installed. Thanks again! You helped me with a couple questions all at once! MUCH APPRECIATED!

Conumdrum
08-10-2013, 04:09 AM
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71

STICKIES