PDA

View Full Version : Second Swiftech H220 crapping out already!?

Rob94hawk
07-29-2013, 08:56 PM
This is the

lowfat
07-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Sounds like it isn't fully bled. One of the reasons I don't like those reservoir-less systems.

Rob94hawk
07-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Doesn't sound like it isn't fully bled. One of the reasons I don't like those reservoir-less systems.

Gonna keep working on it as if there was air in it. It did quiet down some today. Before I went to work I left the case on it's side so the entire radiator sits higher than the pump. My son said it was still making noise 3 hours later. I'm trying to figure how the hell air got that far down anyway. The way the radiator is oriented in the case air should have gotten trapped at the top.

Circaflex
07-30-2013, 08:29 PM
dude on a side note what kind of case is that?!?!!?

Buckeye
07-30-2013, 08:47 PM
It does not sound like air bubbles to me, more like the pump impeller is banging away.

That is just my best guess tho.

I wonder if there might be nothing but air trapped inside the pump housing.

The best why t confirm this is take out the unit and place it in a sink and power the unit with a spare PSU.
Remove the filler cap and check the fluid levels. If all seems ok then move everything around and see if you can get air to move inside then check the filler cap again.

Filling these should be like filling the Edge series.

I have not ever used a H220 so I don't know if the block/pump head can be taken apart to check the pump impeller and see if it has any damage on it.

Rob94hawk
07-31-2013, 03:34 AM
dude on a side note what kind of case is that?!?!!?

INWIN D-Frame
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?286079-INWIN-D-frame-build.

Toolius
08-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Any updates guys ?
i am wondering what could be causing that noise... i don't have a unit myself but am looking to buy quite a few.
Can it be that there is some dirt/solder residue that was left over in the rads from manufacturing and is now in the pump causing it to die ?
cheers and kind regards ?

b0bd0le
09-22-2013, 12:12 PM
yeah my new system just crashed because of overheating. The pump reported 0 rpm for my cpu and it makes this buzzing ticking noise that i can hear OVER an actual 5' house fan on high! I've also seen reports of RMA'd units failing. As I type this I am looking at my old h100i that never had 1 issue...

for a closed loop system this is unfortunate

Smalltimer
12-16-2013, 07:22 AM
You think that's bad, I ordered an H320 only to find it was shipped full of water in the dead of winter!
Of course, the unit was completely destroyed as a result, though someone should really rethink sending filled units like that OR at the very least, have the decency to work with shipping to know when to take precautions against such things.

Anyways, I was on the fence about getting a ready to run water cooling system and this just helped me make up my mind about slapping together a custom unit.
Live and learn they say.

Though I'm pretty pissed at NCIX for having to pay shipping both ways for an item that was damaged due to shipping negligence.