PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox 360 case?

Lian Li Tech
07-29-2013, 02:12 AM
Hey Guys,

Some of you guys might remember the our Xbox 360 case (http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-xb01/). It was designed to be a cooler (red ring of death) and quieter enclosure than the stock Xbox 360 case. It also did add our brushed aluminum aesthetics and a degree of modability to the 360. It also came in exchange for the warranty. Here is a review from bit-tech (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2008/08/29/lian-li-pc-xb01-review-installation-guide/1).

So with the warranties running out on all the 360s would you guys be interested in an improved model of the PC-XB01? If so are there any changes in particular you would recommend?

http://i.imgur.com/FGnyvay.jpg

tiro_uspsss
07-29-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm not a consoler, but if I were, I definitely would put my consoles in a LL! :D

how about LL cases for Xbox1 & PS4? :D

Lian Li Tech
07-30-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm not a consoler, but if I were, I definitely would put my consoles in a LL! :D

how about LL cases for Xbox1 & PS4? :D

The issue with the new consoles, is that taking them out of the stock casing ruins the warranty, and there is probably not a big community of people looking to do that. :)

Part of the original reason we designed the PC-XB01 was to solve the issue of the 360 overheating which lead to the infamous 'Red Ring of Death"

m_jones_
07-30-2013, 01:23 AM
Most likely the cost isn't worth it when someone could just go out and buy another second hand xbox plus the newer models are much quieter.

tiro_uspsss
07-30-2013, 03:49 AM
The issue with the new consoles, is that taking them out of the stock casing ruins the warranty, and there is probably not a big community of people looking to do that. :)

Part of the original reason we designed the PC-XB01 was to solve the issue of the 360 overheating which lead to the infamous 'Red Ring of Death"

mmmm..yeah ok, good point.... that leads me to a question tho: how long is the warranty on a new console?

For the sake of discussion, say the warranty is (only) 1 year. We all know, however, that each generation of consoles is meant to last..what? 5 years? It would be worth it then, but only then.. I guess LL has to weigh in those 2 factors (warranty period / lifespan) to determine if it is viable :)

:up:

Hell Hound
07-30-2013, 05:16 AM
It needs to be longer to give someone the option to use a after market video connector (mostly for older models) that snaps on the back,other wise it will stick out and wont be secure.

EniGmA1987
07-30-2013, 05:46 AM
I love the look of the case, but personally I just dont see the market for a newly designed one as being good enough to justify making it. The newer models of XBox 360 dont have the RRoD problem any longer and are quieter as someone else mentioned, and the majority of people wouldn't want to buy a case that costs as much as the console itself especially when the only reason to now days would be for the aesthetics.

However, if a new case could be designed to fit both a 360 or the new XBox One then it could be much more useful

IFMU
08-17-2013, 10:50 PM
i remember seeing that at CES a number of years ago, loved it. my only problem with it was the cost.
(but then again i am a broke a$$ white boy....

However, if a new case could be designed to fit both a 360 or the new XBox One then it could be much more useful
now that, i could see being something worth looking into once you'd be able too.
it would be a nice case or present 360 owners and once their warranties ran out on their xbox1's, they'd have something to put it into... could be something there to look forward to imho

zanzabar
08-17-2013, 11:25 PM
if there was a full set of heat sinks and case for my 360 and ps3 to fit together for under $125 i might get it. price is my main problem, but anything that ran quiet and wired into the stock consoles without get tagged as a cheater would be great.