PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon Matte Black Fittings no longer "matte" black?

schoolslave
07-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Just received a set of 6x Matte Black 3/8 x 5/8 Monsoon comps from PPCs.
They are not matte, but a more shiny black color.
Picture below, "good" is one of my older fittings, "bad" is the new one.

Did the painting procedure for these change at some point?
As an aside, I also received some matte black Monsoon rotaries and those are the real "matte" black finish.

http://i.imgur.com/0cz9TAn.jpg?1

DarthBeavis
07-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Those are named Matt Black after Geno's favorite DJ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Black

schoolslave
07-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Upon further inspection, seems like the new "shiny" matte fittings are also looser around the thread. When tightened down, I can wiggle the upper compression collar around on the thread (probably not an issue with tubing in between, but strange nevertheless).
Any comments Boxgods/Geno? Is this a new version or did I get a bad set?

Circaflex
07-20-2013, 09:03 PM
must be a new style, just got mine from ppc's and my 6 pack is shiny and the 2 separate are shiny

BoxGods
07-22-2013, 09:35 PM
***UPDATE***

Deleted my original incorrect book of an answer to avoid confusion.

The matte black was changed very slightly after the second production run about 18 months ago to make our black closer to the black used by other fitting brands so you guys could mix and match across brands. We have had 10 or 12 runs since then and the majority of fittings in use are the current black--more than 90%. It is the same black used on our rotary angle fittings, the carbon fiber fittings etc.

To the OP School Slave. I apologize for the inconvenience. I asked Performance PC's to replace or refund (your choice) the black fittings you just ordered as soon as they forwarded your email to me but apparently you have had your black fittings for some time now so replacements will still not match the old ones exactly. If you can email me I will see what we can do to get you sorted.