PDA

View Full Version : A Proper Build (Input Needed)

Jhors2
07-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Hey Guys,
So I am doing a proper PC build for once, typically my builds are very utilitarian and performance oriented (Running motherboards ontop of boxes constantly fed LN2 or Water Cooled). For once I want to do a build that performs well but also looks good. I need some input on part selection, so far I'm thinking the following:
Corsair 900D Case
Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Extreme or MSI Xpower Z87 or Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 (Help here?)
RAM: Gskill DDR3 2933 (4x4GB)
CPU: 4770K
GPUs: 3x EVGA GTX 780
PSU: Seasonic X-1250

Water Cooling Parts:
Corsair SP120 Fans
AquaComputer Aquaero 5 XT.
AlphaCool Nexxxos UT60 480mm
Swiftech MCP35x2
Bitspower Fittings
EK Waterblocks for CPU and GPUs (Possibly for the mobo as well depending on if I get Asus board or not)

The problem I have in part selection is how the loop is going to hang together (I think one big loop would work best). I am also sort of picky with the color combo. I really like the black and green look (http://www.ekwb.com/uploads/images/rotator/geforce_SLI.jpg) But the only board that really goes with this is the Gigabyte board. I really like my current ROG board and love Asus, so straying away from that will be difficult for me. Any input on going with a ROG board and a green and black look?? What tubing/coolant combo works best to achieve that solid vibrant green that they have pictured? Any input is appreciated guys, this will be a 3-4 month long process for me (First time sleeving a PSU and all that jazz). As far as the use for this machine, it will be almost entirely gaming and multimedia system, I probably won't ever put it under anything crazy, but I've always been a huge proponent of squeaking out every single clock possible out of my hardware.
Thanks!

Conumdrum
07-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Look at Primochill pro for tubing.

Use distilled water and a Killcoil. IanH, Mayhems, etc.

Again distilled water, don't use the fancy colored stuff unless it's a show rig. Normal use, make it simple. Easy.

If you MUST use troublesome colored liquid, look at Mayhems dyes. Many choices. Plan for possible stained tubing and a stained res.

CarbboN
07-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Pay attention. The Asus Rampage VI Extreme don't exist.
So.. this system deserves here a Asus Maximus Vi Extreme.

Change the fans for a Gentle Thypon 120mm 1850rpm, and one just radiador is to short.

Conumdrum
07-15-2013, 07:31 PM
You need at least two of those radiators if you plan to push overclocks.

I know you know how to work out the heatload etc.

Jhors2
07-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Initial post fixed :) I have worked out heatload before yes. 2 480 rads I was certainly considering, I will have to run the numbers, the case would be good for it so it's definitely doable. I realized after doing some reading and looking at my current Seasonic that the ATX 24 pin isn't a 1-1 connection which is kind of a drag for sleeving, I'm considering other brands if possible.