PDA

View Full Version : water Cooling and warranty

xares
06-28-2013, 12:43 PM
hello, do you lose the warranty to apply water Cooling to the Asus gtx780, msi or gigabyte?
water Cooling is permitted only in EVGA without lose the warranty??

sorry for my very bad English

AMDforME
06-28-2013, 02:06 PM
You probably need to get an official answer from Asus. The warranty details may be on their website and it can vary by country.

xares
06-28-2013, 03:49 PM
hi
I wanted to ask about your experiences., i am from spain

El Mano
06-30-2013, 12:21 AM
Most certainly you will lose your warranty. DO NOT buy from any Spanish shop, buy from Amazon UK. Amazon's customer service is much better than any other shop's, and it's also cheaper than buying in Spain.

xares
06-30-2013, 03:12 AM
and...
is sure to not lose the warranty with EVGA? the warranty is handled in Germany.

in spain the gtx780 EVGA cost 632 €
Asus cost 595 €
MSI 576 € and Gigabyte 573 €

thanks

Conumdrum
07-01-2013, 05:30 AM
You'll need to ask your supplier first then the manufacturer. Read the fine print on their websites, most have the warranty to read.. Phone calls or emails or some other way of communication. International warranties can be different by country, you need to make sure.

On the EVGA site for EU:

Products sent in for RMA will be repaired or replaced with a product deemed to be of equal or greater performance by EVGA if an exact replacement is not available.
EVGA Warranty begins from the date the product is shipped from the EVGA warehouse.

For the original owner of the product with a valid invoice that can be verified from an approved reseller the warranty begins from the date of purchase on the invoice.

EVGA only offers refunds on products purchased directly from EU.EVGA.com within 30 days of purchase and are subject to a 15% restocking fee.

For products not purchased at EVGA.com, all refund claims would need to be processed through the vendor that sold the product according to their return policy.
All products returned from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date, a new in box replacement will be sent in return. All recertified purchases will receive a recertified product for replacement.

Replacements under EVGA's RMA Service will continue the original product's warranty based on the original warranty start date.

This is the EU site.

http://eu.evga.com/support/warranty/

If your worried, only buy EVGA, they are the best allowing modifications.

cx-ray
07-03-2013, 02:21 AM
EVGA warrants water cooled cards as long as there's no physical damage and you return it in the original form. Make sure you don't lose the EVGA serial number sticker. You may have to remove or relocate it due to a back plate. Warranty is best handled directly by them (unless you can get a direct exchange from a local shop I guess).

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=57720

st0ned
07-03-2013, 03:02 AM
If your worried, only buy EVGA, they are the best allowing modifications.

Though from the set of rules you quoted they are not abiding to all european laws. At least I know they go against portuguese law.

"Replacements under EVGA's RMA Service will continue the original product's warranty based on the original warranty start date." I think as well as in Portugal, the majority of EU countries force a warranty time start over if you get a replacement product. For exemple if you bought a graphics card 1 year ago and you RMA it and get a new one instead of the one you sent repaired you have the right, by law, to have a 2 year warranty starting from the date you get the replacement.

xares
07-03-2013, 01:41 PM
hi
evga europe say me...

"Hello, yes you are allowed to to that. When you do that, you will not loose your warranty. But you will loose your warranty when the card is physically damaged, because of the installation or a water leakage or you loose the warranty label with the part- and serialnumber on the backside of the card. Regards,"

Conumdrum
07-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Yep. Normal. You screw it up, you pay. That is only right. I over tightened a GPU block on a brand new GTX 280 years ago, it let the smoke out. I ruined it. I tossed it in the garbage and bought anew one the next day. Was over $300.

If you RMA a part due to your mistake and get a replacement due to not saying, "I broke it", and you use the generous RMA to get a replacement then you are screwing ALL GPU owners by rising our prices.

It's Karma, and your honesty that matters here.

Sparky
07-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Here is the US Asus seems to be aftermarket cooling friendly last I checked their warranty terms. Not sure if that has changed or not. Their terms stated when sending something in to warranty to be sure to put the original heatsink back on if it had been removed.

Conumdrum
07-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Never ever lose a screw or TPad from the initial install. Keep it all.

It's Karma, and your honesty that matters here.