PDA

View Full Version : Asus M5E + PLEXTOR mSATA 256GB Sata III why so slow ?

andressergio
06-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Hey guys

I just tested this drive
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/plextor_m5m_ssd_benchmark_review_test,1.html

it must pump 500+ but i only get 260, like if it was Sata II, i know that on that review they're using a special card, im using the addon that came with the board

any clues ?

Thanks !
Sergio

Highendtoys
06-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Your motherboard's mSATA is electrically SATA II. Motherboards based on Z87 will use SATA III mSATA slots.

We discuss the issue in nearly every mSATA review at TweakTown. An article about your Plextor mSATA drive and the move to SATA III mSATA on desktops and notebooks should be live any day now on the site.

andressergio
06-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Your motherboard's mSATA is electrically SATA II. Motherboards based on Z87 will use SATA III mSATA slots.

We discuss the issue in nearly every mSATA review at TweakTown. An article about your Plextor mSATA drive and the move to SATA III mSATA on desktops and notebooks should be live any day now on the site.

well either way is a fast drive i will use it for games

thanks bud !

aussie-revhead
06-27-2013, 03:52 AM
Hey man, I got the same SSD for my Gene VI so I will let you know how it runs when I install it. What tests should I run?

:)

andressergio
06-27-2013, 04:44 AM
Hey man, I got the same SSD for my Gene VI so I will let you know how it runs when I install it. What tests should I run?

:)

hey aussie will score 260 read and nice write but not SATA 3 speeds :(

i used ASSD benchmark

the_real_7
06-28-2013, 04:24 PM
When it comes to games Sergio , you be hard pressed to see a difference between seta 2 and seta 3 because the sequential speed is so fast , your memory and bus become the bottleneck before you seta 2 does . were not talking about 4k reads here cause game don't need em . this will be faster than you raided game hdd storage , that's what counts .