Original car 90mph, overclocked car Mach1+

Why can't the USA produce a fast car ?

:p

Regards

Andy

mp3blast
02-11-2004, 06:42 PM
No where to drive, unless you live in the suburbs

In my area, there cops everywhere, and speeding beyond 75 is impossible unless you get on route 66 or I495

kokoro_kara
02-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by zakelwe
Turn this

http://www.aocb77.dsl.pipex.com/thrust1.jpg

into this

http://www.aocb77.dsl.pipex.com/thrust2.jpg

Original car 90mph, overclocked car Mach1+

Regards

Andy

That second pic is some serious speed!!!! Know how fast? Is that in the salt flats, usa??

Dammmmmmn!

Master_G
02-15-2004, 04:37 AM
Well i dont know how fast the car is going in that specific pic, but its official land speed record is 763.035mph, and the highest speed it reached was 771mph, or mach 1.03.
The run was done in the Black Rock Desert, Gerlach, Nervada.
zakelwe i have that book, its a very good read isnt it?
And this is one of the few areas in which i can say "Go Britain!":D

G

Tedinde
02-15-2004, 05:34 AM
That is not the car in the pic doing that speed. Nice joke pic though. the second one is it.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/events/thrustssc/?EVENTS

JBELL
02-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by zakelwe

Regards

Andy

Corvette Z06
Dodge Hennesey Viper
Ford GT
Dodge SRT Ram
Chevrolet Z28
Chevrolet SS
Saleen S7

need more?

and don't forget most euro-cars are owned by american companies now....

zakelwe
02-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
Corvette Z06
Dodge Hennesey Viper
Ford GT
Dodge SRT Ram
Chevrolet Z28
Chevrolet SS
Saleen S7

need more?

"and don't forget most euro-cars are owned by american companies now...."

Damn you Mr Bell ! You are right as well :)

Regards

Andy :)

rookiekiller
02-23-2004, 12:54 PM
evo 7
impreza
skyline r34
and and and... =o)

japan-power :banana:

Soulburner
02-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by rookiekiller
evo 7
impreza
I really hope you're kidding.

Corvette Z06
Dodge Hennesey Viper
Ford GT
Dodge SRT Ram
Chevrolet Z28
Chevrolet SS
Saleen S7

need more?
Pontiac Trans Am WS6 :D

felix88
03-07-2004, 01:38 AM
Subaru is a division of GM and Nissan is partially owned by Renault(a french company, FRENCH) i believe.

sky
03-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Corvette Z06
Dodge Hennesey Viper
Ford GT
Dodge SRT Ram
Chevrolet Z28
Chevrolet SS
Saleen S7

need more?

i didn't know ferrari, lamborghini, maserati and porsche were owned by american companies... oh and who owns chrysler atm? is it some american comp or like daimler? :D

anyway... just wanted to piss into your fire ehehe.. sorry couldn't resist. and i have to admit, the saleen s7 is some might fine car. the others.. well to be honest, i liked the earlier versions a lot more.. stingrays, camaro zl-1 and in particular the '69 chevelle, etc... something in all of these new cars is missing (and that is meant regarding ALL brands - americans, asians & euros alike)

zakelwe
04-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Well I bump my own thread ( such a post whore :rolleyes: :D )

Looks still like

Worlds fastest car => UK
Worlds fastest car on the roads => UK

I'll name some of the 200mph cars from Europe

McLaren
Pagoni
Brabus
Ferrari
Koenigsegg
Porsche
Lamborghini
Jaguar

What's the list from the USA ?

Regards

Andy

chilly1
04-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Seen the new GTO.... I have a Grand Prix With a V 6 that Does 140 easy, set the cruse control and it holds it... I have been thinking of modding the blower with a larger drive pulley and OCing the CPU controller and changing a few settings HP is rumored to go up to 450 with out too much work. Damn Front wheel drive is squirley though.

Soulburner
04-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by IamAnoobieCheez

i believe.... One from sweden or italy(bugatti 16-4) is the fastest production car, world wide. :)
That's not a production car.

If you want to go that route, put it up against the US's Lingenfelter C5 Vette TT, or a Hennessey Viper TT.

It will be eaten.

By the way the world record for top speed was set at 254mph, back in 1988 by a Corvette.

Took em long enough to beat it. Its at what, 255 now? :rolleyes:

Soulburner
04-01-2004, 05:46 PM
those are slow... not good enough to compete with the Koenigsegg series or the EB16-4 veyron.. nope.
The Lingenfelter 427TT vette is running in the mid to low 9s in the 1/4.

What does the Bugatti and Konig run?

Soulburner
04-01-2004, 05:48 PM
and I said "production car" in the world, not "rocket-charged" experimental car for top speeds..

For example, if you wish to enclose a rocket on the '88 Corvette, enclosing a rocket on the 16-4 veyron would make it go 441mph....

experimental vs. production car

you can make it go Mach 1+ on a car if wanted to...

you can make it go 791 mph if you wanted to...

That is why you can't compare a experimental project cars vs. retail sale production car. No aftermarket modded bull...shi.t

you get the drift.. ;)
You are way off base here.

The 1988 Callaway Sledgehammer TT Corvette was not an "experimental" car made for top speeds. It was daily driveable, with a smooth idle and made around 880hp peak and would reach 254mph top speed driven by John Lingenfelter.

This car was prepared for production, they just never got any orders (extreme price tag), so there was only one made.

3rd-Dimension
04-01-2004, 06:10 PM
the bugatti 16/4 has somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 hp stock.....

Soulburner
04-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by 3rd-Dimension
the bugatti 16/4 has somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 hp stock.....
Are we going to see these in the US, ever?

That's one of those cars reserved for the "elite". I see 9 second Vettes and other domestic cars quite often.

zabomb4163
04-01-2004, 09:13 PM
http://www.popsci.com/popsci/auto/article/0,12543,565209,00.html

Soulburner
04-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Didn't I see this quote before...

;)

You want the car, then you fly over there and get it, or special order.

another thing you aren't getting it is that not only these Koenigseggs and especially the Bugatti 16-4 are faster than American cars, but has better handling and cornering as well. We don't want a car that just goes fast but can't steer sh#t....

;) [/B]
You are obviously an extremely biased individual who knows nothing about cars.

Your statements in this thread prove it.

If Corvettes can't handle, then how are they winning the 24h Lemans race year after year?

Guess what cars they beat out every year? PORSCHE, and all the other european cars. :rolleyes:

I'm not dissing European cars at all, they make some very good ones. But you seem to like dissing American cars with your biased statements. I think you need to OPEN up your eyes and see what else is out there and not be so narrow minded.

Sort of like AMD vs Intel. You can't be so biased toward one or the other. You were wrong, I proved you wrong, and you got upset and started whining ;).

Soulburner
04-02-2004, 01:33 PM
And a Bugatti with 1000hp+ isn't a "racing car"?

What else would you use it for? :confused:

Soulburner
04-02-2004, 10:59 PM
So it has to be under 1000 hp to not be a racing car???

what is this b.s.....
What?

You completely lost me with that one.

Running out of ideas?

Pejsen
04-03-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Soulburner

Well you'de have too define racing car?

I belive we're talking street legal cars here, the Bugatti Veyron IS indeed a street legal car, and there are noone of them in racing.

The question is how many has to be produced to compete in the fastest series produce car?

There are also street legal versions of many of the top notch lemann racers, fx Mercedes, Nissan and Porche, but only very few.

Also i think you forgot to mention the Ferrari F60 or ENZO :D

Soulburner
04-03-2004, 06:09 AM
Yep, the Ferraris are nice :D

chilly1
04-03-2004, 07:51 AM
the Grand Prix GTP tops out at 126mph... you can't do 140 stock.. unless it's modded. I've already beaten couple of Chevy Impala and one Grand Prix GTP in the interstate. with my Infiniti, Whooped em at 130mph my friend... ;)

I took mine to the dealer to get the belts replaced and the tech did few changes in the programming disabled the lockout and 140 is the topout on a flat road with no wind. and "other than stock tires" O yeah the plastic blower pulleys were replaced also..

chilly1
04-03-2004, 08:00 AM
Soulburner,IamAnoobieCheez these are only cars and civil arguments are a lot more pleasant to read, So please keep it civil and the info on the HP of the cars ect is nice to read... And your points will be better recieved without the Personal attacks....

sky
04-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Soulburner

it's not about what would you use it for. it's what it's built for, to drive it on the open road. there will be an even more powerful version of this. 1100 or 1200 hp. and that still is a roadcar - not made for the track. maybe there will be some freaks making those cars into racecars - stripping down the luxurious interior and replacing "normal" parts with racing parts.

i guess what noobiecheez tries to bring across is that these cars he named are built for the road, they are not made from "average" cars (no insult intended) and souped up to compare to whatever is there at the top. they just are. and they are being produced in a series bigger than 1 (like for example the 288 gto, built exactly 272 times - not counting prototypes, or its follow ups f40, f50, enzo). if these cars will ever be used by a sane person on the open road is a completely different thing. i for once wouldn't possibly drive a multi-million dollar around in traffic - as i've seen before. i've seen this basically in italy. one of the biggest roads in rome, and in short sucession an f40, and a 250 gt swb - both worth at least a mil (the later even more, as it's a 60's car). that's something >I< wouldn't dare to do with such a precious car and all those idiots on the streets.

Super strokey
04-06-2004, 03:29 PM
If im not mistaken, the veyron will actually not have the 1001 hp when they actually do make them, some where in the 900's. Also the Veyron is as much a production car as the new cobra (not the mustang) is, it will be made but it will take some time. I have yet to see a single veyron actual drive off the lot (figurativly speaking of course) but they will. I believe that there will be 100 wont there? Also to say that vettes and such have bad handling is totally untrue. They have great handling and are fantastic performers. Infact i cant think of a car that was listed in this thread that was fantastic. Koenisigg (sp?) also has a new engine in development, a H12 to replace the V8. That will be amazing. Either way all the cars listed here are indeed fantastic and in no way should be attacked by anyone... BTW has anyoen actually seen a pic of the F60? I still havnt. if you see one could you post it?

sky
04-07-2004, 12:01 AM
the f60? that used to be the codename for the enzo. there's two pics of it in the dreamcars thread. don't like it tho... don't like any of the new ferraris bodies - man have they screwed up. i've been ferrarista for 12 yrs now.. and so far i've mostly been with them on the design side, but not with the 612 america (man the design sketches were sooo much more beautiful), the enzo or the 360, not to speak of the maranello... doh. 355 and 456gt were the best :) bla

well the engenieers of the veyron struggle with the same problems the mercedes slr team had fought - transmission. with the slr they had to lower the torque to be able to use a normal gearbox. with the veyron they're testing truck-transmission parts, because all the "normal" transmission parts (how normal is a 900nm transmission anyway) were shredded to piece over a short period. and the bigheads at bugatti (vw actually) even want more. more hp more torque, when they can't even deal with the current values and powers at work. strong case of head in the clouds, but we'll see what they make of it.
anyway. this is surely a car that's sole purpose is showing off, nothing more. while you might see an f40/f50/slr/murcielago, etc on the open road, i think it is highly unlikely to see a veyron there (for the reasons given in my last post)...

Skip_Skovhugger
04-27-2004, 04:10 AM
The problem with the Veyron's tranny, was that, at some point, after driving around the test track alittle, and doing a downshift, the engine revs go up, and tear the tranny to bits.

And Super strokey, the Enzo is Ferrari's 60 year annerverseri (sp?) car... so it's an F60, just like the F50 was the 50 year, and F40 the 40 year....
Cant belive the F50 is already 10 years old... Still such an extreme supercar...

And the F60 has only been produced in 700 exampels, all were already sold when it was launched.

Master_G
05-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Skip_Skovhugger
And the F60 has only been produced in 700 exampels, all were already sold when it was launched.
Wasnt it the case that you could only buy one if ferrari specially asked you if you wanted one?
Its one exclusive club.

G

Huhn
05-05-2004, 02:41 AM
what about 1200hp?
:D
http://www.supercars.de/singlecar/182/211.html

Soulburner
05-05-2004, 05:23 AM
1125HP 97' SS Convertible 30th Anniversary Car

Vortech Supercharged 383 LT1

3900lb Raceweight

9.04 @ 155mph on a soft launch

Heres a not-so-soft launch

sky
05-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Huhn
what about 1200hp?
:D
http://www.supercars.de/singlecar/182/211.html

i remember seeing & hearing (:slobber: ) a yellow cobra at a gas station near santa fe back in '99. had to fight myself from jumping in or blabbering bull :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: at the owner... man what a ride... when he "lifted" off :) you could hear it for miles.. couldn't see it anymore in the flats but still hear its roar... sent shivers down my spine... great stuff.
1200 hp? thinking about that old bet of taping a buck on the frame of the windshield of a cobra. if the passenger could grab it while the car accelerated to 60mph he could keep it - i guess nobody ever got that buck with a stock cobra.. so here they could probably up the speed limit to 160 and still nobody would get it. SWEET!

Super strokey
05-13-2004, 03:05 PM
No im pretty sure that they are also putting out an actual f60. AS i understand it they wanted to only name one more car after enzo and then retire the name for good (or so they say). Im pretty sure that i have a pic in one of my mags burried around here so i will look