PDA

View Full Version : SSD's and Win7 System Restore

Daveburt714
06-08-2013, 08:36 PM
My rig has a Samsung 830/128Gb SSD. When I first set it up I turned restore off , as recommended by some guide I read...
I actually image (ghost) my c: drive occasionally, but I turned restore back on while testing some new ram.
Even though I've been running Memtest before letting it boot to Windows, I've trashed my OS a couple times and Sys Restore is a much easier fix than backing up an image!

The problem is, now my SSD is almost full...
Is there any way to redirect where System Restore puts the backup files (to a larger mechanical drive)?
If there is, where are the restore files located on my C: drive so I can free that space back up? :shrug:

MS really blows me away with a lot of things... It's almost like they're trying to make things less intuitive!

Zaxx
06-09-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm not too well versed in system restore as I use Acronis True Image instead...nice thing is that it compresses your system image by about a third and you can save it where ever. It's also a lot faster than system restore. The restore file(s) are in the windows folder on C: I think...not sure. There may be some kinda work around to change the destination location of sys restore...I'm sure someone here knows for sure. ;)

[XC] Oj101
06-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Hmmm it seems not even a symbolic link will work, so I'm going to say it's not possible.

bluestang
06-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Just delete some of the older restore points.