PDA

View Full Version : GTX 780 Blocks

Razor Time
05-25-2013, 08:06 PM
What blocks are people going for?

Prozium
05-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Titan water blocks fit as they are the same PCB/GPU layout.

paulbagz
05-25-2013, 09:27 PM

This.

I just ordered some Heatkillers for my two 780 SC's.

-PB

Razor Time
05-26-2013, 04:28 AM

I have read that. I was just wondering what make people were planning to go with. I usually go with EK but fancy a change this time round and plan on trying Aquacomputer. :)

This.

I just ordered some Heatkillers for my two 780 SC's.

-PB

Nice blocks and the same flavor of 780 as I have gone for. :)

Razor Time
05-27-2013, 11:46 AM
Looks like EK have new Second Edition blocks out from the the 5th of June.

http://www.ekwb.com/news/350/19/Existing-EK-FC-Titan-compatible-with-GeForce-GTX-780/

Nevertheless EK is working on a new water block called EK-FC Titan SE (SE standing for Second Edition). The SE variant will be visually upgraded sucessor of the existing EK-FC Titan will feature full lenght Arcylic- or POM Acetal top. Because of the cross compatibility between the new, upcoming variant and the existing EK-FC Titan series water block the later will gradually be phased out of the production. Just like it's predecessor the EK-FC Titan SE water block will also be available in original CSQ design.

About EK-FC Titan SE:

EK-FC Titan SE is a high performance full-cover water block for nVidia reference design GeForce GTX Titan as well as -GTX 780 series graphics cards. This water block directly cools the GPU, RAM as well as VRM (voltage regulation module) as water flows directly over these critical areas thus allowing the graphics card and it's VRM to remain stable under high overclocks. EK-FC Titan water block also features a very high flow design therefore it can be easily used in liquid cooling systems using weaker water pumps. The cooling engine now uses refined, more narrow microchannel structure to even further improve the heat transfer.

lowfat
05-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Hmm. In a perfect world the acrylic one won't look like a big gold fish this time. I want acrylic but have a hard time taking it seriously. :p:

tiborrr
05-27-2013, 11:48 PM
No more fish look, although window remain. I will kinda miss the fish, now it looks plain :/

aussie-revhead
05-28-2013, 12:32 AM
tiborrr - cant you make it a selectable option? Or does the CNC need different tooling for the new style blocks? I mean cant you make them all available?

:)

tiborrr
05-28-2013, 01:35 AM
These aren't inter-changeable, because we made them so the EK-FC Titan SE as well as the upcoming EK-FC770 GTX look identical from the upper side.

Razor Time
05-28-2013, 06:27 AM
These aren't inter-changeable, because we made them so the EK-FC Titan SE as well as the upcoming EK-FC770 GTX look identical from the upper side.

Any chance of some pictures?

Also what is the difference between the Stock Titan block and the XXL block in terms of cooling performance?

stren
05-28-2013, 06:36 AM
Any chance of some pictures?

Also what is the difference between the Stock Titan block and the XXL block in terms of cooling performance?

None XXL is looks only. If you want performance numbers between the manufacturer's then check my titan block thread. I should have 5 blocks done by the end of the week :)

DarthBeavis
05-28-2013, 06:51 AM
I want a Titan block that looks like a big dong

Razor Time
05-28-2013, 07:47 AM
None XXL is looks only. If you want performance numbers between the manufacturer's then check my titan block thread. I should have 5 blocks done by the end of the week :)

Thanks for confirming that and I will check out your review thread. :up:

Razor Time
06-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I really cant seem to make up my mind between the XSPC and The Aqua block. :confused:

My heart says Aqua but the VRM temps from strens test has kinda thrown me towards the XSPC. The XSPC block is also less restrictive which may suit my pump better.

I know at the end of the day I am probably just splitting hairs but any input would be welcomed. :)

Jakusonfire
06-06-2013, 11:04 PM
No more fish look, although window remain. I will kinda miss the fish, now it looks plain :/

That's design by committee ... the most plain and boring possible, and now looks as much like every other block as possible. To my eyes anyway.

kinghong1970
06-10-2013, 08:36 AM
I want a Titan block that looks like a big dong

DD should have one out shortly...

:D

Rob94hawk
06-10-2013, 08:47 AM
What water blocks have a 5/8 fitting? Might want to add it to the Swiftech H220 in the future.