PDA

View Full Version : Aquatuning drops EK water blocks.

Aquatuning
05-17-2013, 03:16 AM
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt191/nitrix2009/Work/AT-vs-EK-600x400_zpsb32261bc.jpg (http://s611.photobucket.com/user/nitrix2009/media/Work/AT-vs-EK-600x400_zpsb32261bc.jpg.html)

EK Water Blocks and Aquatuning go separate ways.

With effect from 17.05.2013, the management of Aquatuning has decided to drop all EKWB products from the webshop. In 2007 and following years Aquatuning developed many products for EK Water Blocks under license and technology agreements among other products the EK Supreme CPU block, which immediately became the new No. 1 CPU water block. After many years of successful collaboration, EK Water Blocks surprisingly decided to stop the payment of the licenses to Aquatuning.

Due to the ultimatum from EK Water Blocks to either accept the breach of contract or stop buying products from EK Water Blocks, the Aquatuning management saw no other way then to inform the public about the background of the unprecedented incident never seen before in the 10-year history of Aquatuning.

We regret the end of the collaboration with EK Water Blocks very much, especially because in recent years many good and successful products have emerged from it. The products we licensed to EK Water Block will now be given to other manufacturers so that we can continue to bring revolutionary cooling products to market.

Aberration
05-17-2013, 03:30 AM
That is unfortunate. With the plating issues and how they have dealt with it, I wasn't going to be buying more of their products anyways. This only concretes that decision.

Best of luck in the future.

Panther_Seraphi
05-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Just saw it on my Facebook feed. Good luck with going separate ways. With the way EK have been handling things recently I can see them going up against E.A in a prolific award soon

tiborrr
05-17-2013, 05:11 AM
Yes, there is indeed a bully in this ordeal, it will be up to you to decide who the real bully is. Remember the Aquatuning copyright story? http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?226794-aquatuning-trademark-grab

We will soon issue an official statement.

DISCLAIMER: This post is my own opinion and it does not necessarily reflect company's (EKWB) policy and/or opinion.

Aquatuning
05-17-2013, 05:24 AM
Bully? If EKWB had paid their bills months ago like we asked you then this would not have happened. You have had months to resolve this.

barjoysee
05-17-2013, 06:08 AM
Public bickering like this will only harm peoples opinion of both you the manufacturer and retailer. (Both of whom I use and respect fully).:yepp:
There is a real problem with supply and demand in the EU more so in the UK than over say in the states. Shop's here have little to no stock and it makes a customer drop the idea of trying to get parts in the first place.:rolleyes:
I looked over every shop in the UK to get a EK EN-alcatel block for me Asus Maximus 5 gene not one in stock anywhere not even from EK direct.:confused: so its upsetting to see the manufacturers and retailers fighting in a public forum..

Peace out

B

Kenjiwing
05-17-2013, 06:27 AM
You all should really try to work this out on a private basis instead of bashing each other on public forums. Makes both of you look very unprofessional in the publics eyes. Although being unprofessional is nothing new for EK these days.

Aquatuning
05-17-2013, 08:20 AM
We can assure you this is the last step we wanted to take. But months down the line this was our only option and EK had every chance to stop it. It is also better to be upfront about our actions as there would be many question if we just deleted the entire EK range without explanation.

And to make this perfectly clear we do still want to work with EK as it has been a successful relationship but to do this we need our agreements honored.

m_jones_
05-17-2013, 08:50 AM
You should throw some EK bits up nice and cheap for us then. :)

On a more serious sad to see this happen in such a niche market.

Makymaco
05-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Public bickering like this will only harm peoples opinion of both you the manufacturer and retailer. (Both of whom I use and respect fully).:yepp:
its upsetting to see the manufacturers and retailers fighting in a public forum..

I agree with this part.

Doing this in public is not essential and is forfeiting EK reputation (is it a try to discredit EK so the customers will buy products
from other manufacturers you support ?)

I buy from aquatuning and i buy ek products without any problems

Sorry for my english.

Evantaur
05-17-2013, 10:47 AM
i don't know what happened but i hope you guys eventually get your stuff sorted out :(

Sparky
05-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Public bickering like this will only harm peoples opinion of both you the manufacturer and retailer.

This x1000

Every time I see one company post junk about another on a public forum I want to facepalm. Going so far as to make a cute little graphic? Come on...

Even if the stuff is true it should be handled outside the forums. If someone asks "why don't you carry X item brand anymore" it would be fine to say we've had some issue, but should just leave it at that IMO.

zeroibis
05-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Will be interesting to see what the official statement from EK is though. Strange to see this in public already. Normally when someone breaks a contract for reasons not allowed by the contract they are thus in violation of the agreement and open for legal action. One would think that if it was as simple as EK just not wanting to honor the agreement they would be getting sued for breach of contract and a court would be settling this matter and not public opinion on internet forums...

rehpyc
05-17-2013, 06:11 PM
That is unfortunate. With the plating issues and how they have dealt with it, I wasn't going to be buying more of their products anyways. This only concretes that decision.

Best of luck in the future.

This

You all should really try to work this out on a private basis instead of bashing each other on public forums. Makes both of you look very unprofessional in the publics eyes. Although being unprofessional is nothing new for EK these days.

And this

Makymaco
05-17-2013, 11:25 PM
I wonder why aquatuning make publicity directly for alphacool products, for example :
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?286149-Revolutionary-GPU-Cooling-Alphacool-NVXP-Titan

And i think phobya is directly linked to aquatuning (the contact info for phobya web site is an aquatuning mail address).

Perhaps now that phobya and alpahaool has a complete range of products they don't need EK anymore.

Ek is now a disturbing concurrent for them

Nickel020
05-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Phobya and Alphacool are owned in large parts, or maybe even completely, by the owners of Aquatuning. Phobya was started by/with Aquatuning while Alphacool was (at least partly) bought by Aquatuning a while back.

I just saw that EK has also released a statement today:

http://www.ekwb.com/news/345/19/EKWB---Aquatuning-Cooperation/

El Mano
05-18-2013, 03:14 AM
Will be interesting to see what the official statement from EK is though. Strange to see this in public already. Normally when someone breaks a contract for reasons not allowed by the contract they are thus in violation of the agreement and open for legal action. One would think that if it was as simple as EK just not wanting to honor the agreement they would be getting sued for breach of contract and a court would be settling this matter and not public opinion on internet forums...

In fact AT's post looks like a preemptive strike.
Given AT's past reputation I'll wait to hear EK's explanation.

Guys we need good hardware manufacturers, big shops are convenient but not necessary...

CedricFP
05-18-2013, 03:16 AM
Listen, as a consumer, I really don't give two craps about inter-firm politics. All I ask is that your focus remains unchanged: To continue to release quality products at appropriate prices. Anything after that is secondary to me.

Good luck to the both of you, hopefully a partnership can be reforged in the future. After all, the watercooling market is small as it is; why build walls when we can build blocks?

Prozium
05-18-2013, 03:18 AM
Wow, thank you Aquatuning for posting this. The EKWB statement makes since, yours is vague at best and coincides with EKWB's...
I was going to order an Alphacool pump top soon, but now I know 2 names and a retailer I will not be buying from any time soon.

paulbagz
05-18-2013, 03:33 AM
Harms both parties in the end.

If all else fails there is always Performance PCs + Aquacomputer :)

-PB

cx-ray
05-18-2013, 04:30 AM

StAndrew
05-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Sounds to me like Aquatunning is just getting greedy. They have a history of unfair business ethics and this just adds to my disgust. It looks like this time they used EK to get where they are and are ready to move on with their own products.

Business is a dog eat dog world I guess. Y'all should at least have had more and not address this in a public forum though...

Sparky
05-18-2013, 02:56 PM

Hm, given Aquatuning's history, then posting this thread, and now EK's side of this story... I smell a rat :hm:

StAndrew
05-18-2013, 03:48 PM
I smell a rat :hm:

x2 fo sho.

Aquatuning
05-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Actually the reason we posted this information was to be totally transparent to show we have nothing to hide. If we didn't post this on the forum then someone else would.

There are a lot mentions to our "bad history" but maybe you should take a step back and think what is the true history of Aquatuning? The truth is Aquatuning is a company dedicated to evolving the world of watercooling, bringing you the latest and greatest products so you can enjoy your hobby. You now know that we have inspired some truly great products, some you are aware of and some you won't be and will continue to do so for many manufacturers.

In this case it is simple, EK wanted help with a CPU design. We helped them and agreed a fee. Everything was fine until they stopped paying the agreed fee.

To clear the air on some other sub topics Phobya is our in house brand. Alphacool how ever is a separate company, the reason that we seem to be quite close to them is that we are one of the larger distributors and it is in our interest to help market their products so we sell more.

ohms
05-18-2013, 05:44 PM
I tend to stay away from threads of this nature but I have to put my 2 cents in here.

@AT, it was a very poor decision to post this so called "press release" on the forums as your reputation in the water cooling community has not been very good with all the passed incidents not only here but other various water cooling / enthusiast forums. This only makes your company look more childish in the eyes of many and makes you seem like you have something to proof because you do not want to get caught with your pants down again.

Not to mention the fact that starting off your thread with a huge picture with a contract being torn up along with a very vague description of what had happened. If you wanted to inform the public of what had happened it would have been more prudent from a business end to keep this to your website and release it such a fashion as EK has done.

Now, before you go thinking that I'm an EK fanboy, I am definitely not. I have gone as far as to disagree in threads and voice my opinion on poor judgement/handling of customer care issues here on XS.

This thread should definitely be locked by a moderator.

graphic harbour
05-19-2013, 12:36 AM

hmm, thankyou for link man, i have been water cooling only for maybe 3 to 4 years, only recently started useing Ek maybe over a year, got their bat res, and cpu block,
will be soon getting ram blocks for 2133 gskil 16gig not sure if i should upgrade ram to 32 gb first, and also looking at getting 2 gpu blocks for my 2 680's, EK seem to be
a very professional company, and I think i will stay with them :)

IFMU
05-19-2013, 01:52 AM
I tend to stay away from threads of this nature but I have to put my 2 cents in here.
ditto

and agreed

Makymaco
05-19-2013, 02:47 AM
Perhaps the aquatuning can also change his signature, the "play nice and aqua-girl will let ..." bothers me :

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/image.php?u=109999&type=sigpic&dateline=1283682724

I am not an idiot, it is not very professional and i doubt girls/womman doing waterwooling appreciate it either.

Prozium
05-19-2013, 04:16 AM
If we didn't post this on the forum then someone else would.
So, what if they did? However, you posting this all over the web like you have looks to me like a smear campaign.

Not to mention the fact that starting off your thread with a huge picture with a contract being torn up along with a very vague description of what had happened. If you wanted to inform the public of what had happened it would have been more prudent from a business end to keep this to your website and release it such a fashion as EK has done.

Agreed!

Perhaps the aquatuning can also change his signature, the "play nice and aqua-girl will let ..." bothers me :

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/image.php?u=109999&type=sigpic&dateline=1283682724

I am not an idiot, it is not very professional and i doubt girls/womman doing waterwooling appreciate it either. Agreed!

Makymaco
05-19-2013, 05:29 AM
Interesting :
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=3349479&postcount=22

Nitrix is the Aquatuning UK Sales Manager

IFMU
05-19-2013, 05:46 AM

I am not an idiot, it is not very professional and i doubt girls/womman doing waterwooling appreciate it either.
as the sig sits, it doesn't break any of the forums rules, the staff would have no reason to remove it.

Makymaco
05-19-2013, 05:52 AM
It is a misunderstanding, i don't ask the staff to remove it, if he want to keep it, he can, we are in a democracy.

I just wanted to give him my feeling about it.

IFMU
05-19-2013, 06:25 AM
ah ok, my apologies for misunderstanding and thank you for clarifying!

madmaxx
05-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Both EK & AquaTuning are wankurs, watching them b1tch each other out is hilarious! Been watercooling for 10+ years, never bought either of their products and neither of them will ever see $1 from my pocket :surf:

:up:

RADCOM
05-19-2013, 02:02 PM
You guys :rolleyes: it's like a school playground:p:This tough economic climate is definitely affecting business judgment.

crash5s
05-21-2013, 04:29 AM

While I tend to agree with all the booth babes and other stuff in the tech industry I wouldn't get my hands up over it. Of the entire "IT industry is full of nerds so we are going to sell products through scantily clad women" it's a drop in the ocean.