PDA

View Full Version : Watercooling 7850 Crossfire

Jonni Nitro
04-26-2013, 05:39 PM
I put together a new (to me) system and I am debating on watercooling my 7850 and possibly adding a second one for Xfire. It sounds silly, but I hate having a board with all the open PCI express slots. Besides I would like the system to last me a 2-3 years while running games at high settings. I currently only have a single 1200p monitor, but that might change soon. My main concern is the fact that I will have non reference cards which means I will use my MCW60s leaving me with an alternate means to cool vram and other pcb parts. I am not looking to shoot the moon on overclocks, my like have a good looking system that is relatively quiet and performs well. I have read that with good airflow I would be fine just cooling the GPU alone. I could use some stick on heatsinks but I am afraid they might fall off once they heat up.

Thanks for the input.

I am using the parts I have already for cooling:
MCR320
MCR240
Dual D5s on lower speed for redundacy
HK 3.0 LT
2 MCW60s
Med YLs unless I find something better.

Insert show off photo:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/JoniNitro/PC4_zpsdb52809e.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/user/JoniNitro/media/PC4_zpsdb52809e.jpg.html)

madmaxx
04-27-2013, 04:57 PM
I never had a problem with the Swiftech OR Enzotech BGA sinks. Clean the chips really well with an eraser & alcohol and stick em! They both use the same 3M Ttape IIRC, which is really, really good. You may need to pick up the mcw adapter plate for your block/s, if the core is the same as a 79xx anyways?

Oh, another thing i do when sticking sinks is, after i first apply them is that i stress the system for a bit to warm up the chips. Then i pull the component quickly and give them a lil extra push! The temp helps activate the adhesive :wiggle:

Jonni Nitro
04-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the tips. I have had the Zalman ones before and they were ok, but in that case my motherboard was inverted so gravity was working in my favor.