PDA

View Full Version : Loop suggestions

tcclaviger
04-06-2013, 09:45 AM
I am going to revise my loop pretty soon. Looking to go higher efficiency loop with a little less noise, going for a noise level not audible from outside my office with the door open.

Current loop consists of:

XSPC Raystorm
2 x MCW - 60s on my 6870s
EK MOSFET Block on the Rampage 4 Gene VRMs
XSPC 750 Res/Pump dual bay
quiet customized 120v pond pump (inaudible but very effective at flowing a good amount)
Coolgate 1x140
Phobya 1x200
XSPC RS360
1/2" x 3/4" tubing throughout
6 x Yate Loon 38x120 Mediums at about 1100 RPM <-- Push/Pull top of case
3 x Yate Loon 25x140 Mediums at about 1100 RPM <-- Push/Pull back of case, 3rd on floor near PSU
3 x Silverstone 25x200 Fans (full speed) <-- Side window and other two in push/pull front of case
All stuffed into a HAF X :)

The whole loop is running in series now :O Flow rate is obviously not fantastic, but it does the trick at holding my 3820 under 70c at 51xx mhz and 1.5x volts. If i remember right (been deployed in Afghanistan for 6 months now) the air/water delta T is around 11c after an hour running Prime 95 and Furmark to maximize heat generation.

I am preparing to go to a 3930k or 3970x as well as dual GTX 680s or dual 7970 GHZ cards.

Will the loop below run noticeably better, or should I just stick with what I have?

2x RS 360 Rads, both push pull with 38x120 Yates at 1000 RPM. One in the front of the case, one on the roof. These will be run parallel.
Phobya 200 single, silverstone push/pull setup, will be on the floor of case in front of the PSU
Coolgate 140 push pull as before
MCW - 60 as before, but run parallel this time instead of series
Raystorm Copper (to replace the entry level raystorm)
EK MOSFET block as before
pumped by dual CPX - PRO pumps in series (should be a ton more flow than i have now and less heat dump, the pond pump im using now dumps a LOT of heat into the loop)
tube reservoir

Basically I am tearing off the 5.25 rack of my HAF X, replacing it with a second 360, running the GPUs in parallel, and swapping pumps.

Will that be able to control all the heat dump im going to have with quiet fans effectively?!