PDA

View Full Version : My EX-503 is always beeping.

Gunnz Akimbo
03-31-2013, 09:25 PM
This thing is really starting to P me off.

First, i returned the power supply to the place i bought it from, and i think they sent another one back, can't tell.

The beeps went away for about 3 months, and recently just pulled a dead drive from it (lucky it was only a WD green drive).

And just last night when trying to transfer about 450GB to 1 drive (out of 5 installed) that particular drive just seemed to stop doing what it was supposed to do and then i get a long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sound.

Right now im trying again to copy files to it.

What is making this thing fail and beep randomly?
I have it plugged in as a USB3 device.

Gunnz Akimbo
04-12-2013, 03:27 AM
hmph, well anyway, im thinking it's to do with some kind of HD failure or fault?

Lian Li Tech
04-18-2013, 03:00 AM
Sorry I missed this.

The beeping sound might come from rebuilding stage. First, try to turn off the HDD alarm. If that doesn't work please PM me a screen shot of the "JMicron HW RAID Manager" interface. If you are not sure what the "JMicron HW RAID Manager" interface is just check the user's manual.

Gunnz Akimbo
04-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Its not configured as a raid device just 5 individual drives connected with the usb 3 cable.

Im thinking it's drive errors, as 1 HD has died and it made a loud beep each time i turned it on until the drive was removed and replaced with another.

It's been good so far, no beeping. The drive died about 2 weeks ago (WD green 1TB - i will be getting 5 WD Red drives for the unit as those drives should be more suited).

Lian Li Tech
04-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Its not configured as a raid device just 5 individual drives connected with the usb 3 cable.

Im thinking it's drive errors, as 1 HD has died and it made a loud beep each time i turned it on until the drive was removed and replaced with another.

It's been good so far, no beeping. The drive died about 2 weeks ago (WD green 1TB - i will be getting 5 WD Red drives for the unit as those drives should be more suited).

Great, please let me know if any other issue comes up.