PDA

View Full Version : Micro-leaks?

Proximon
03-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Fact or fiction?

My loop, recently re-done, still seems to be slowly loosing water. It's not much, maybe .5 oz every 6 weeks. I can't FIND a leak anywhere. Still, I wonder. If there was a tiny leak, slowly evaporating into my case, could it cause issues?

Maybe I need a humidity sensor.

Conumdrum
03-11-2013, 05:37 PM
You have a very very tiny tiny leak. Or it's just tubing evaporation. I have to add to my loop every now and then, been running over a year. I have to add very little, just 2-4" into a 1/2" ID tubing for my fill tube every few months. No idea how much liquid that is, but it ain't much.

No you don't need a humidity sensor LOL.

Cookiesowns
03-12-2013, 01:01 AM
How long since you've first bled your loop?

My loop took about 1-2 months for micro bubbles to bleed out ( and me being lazy and not filling it up introducing more air bubbles ). After I topped off my res, it's been holding the same level for 3+ months now.

CrazyNutz
03-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Water does evaporate (overtime) through the tubing, and possibly seals. This is normal

I've had many loops over the years and they have all lost coolant overtime.

Proximon
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys. I feel a lot better about it then. My last config lost almost half of the little Swiftech res volume over about 8 months, but I do use a good amount of tubing. Here's a quick link to an image

http://www.gwprox.com/newbld.jpg 485kb

That was taken March 1, a couple days after I put this new loop in, and you can just see a tiny bit of air at the top of the window... now it's down about 1/3 of an inch about 12 days later. Most of that will just be bubbles settling out.

tool_462
03-13-2013, 08:05 AM
I can't tell what tubing it is, but the softer types that have a "tacky" feel usually evaporate a bit faster it seems. Lately I've been using Primochill LRT pretty much exclusively and it doesn't evaporate much.

Proximon
03-13-2013, 09:07 PM
It's PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Blue Tubing. What I worry about is the CPU block actually. Maybe I'll update it for piece of mind.

Conumdrum
03-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Did you post on OCF too? RGE had an awesome answer.

Proximon
03-14-2013, 10:22 PM
No that wasn't me. I'll go see if I can find it.

musicfan
03-15-2013, 01:04 PM
No that wasn't me. I'll go see if I can find it. The title of the thread (http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728675) may be slightly misleading, but I am nearly certain this is what Conumdrum is referring to. Anyway, it's a great answer. :)

Conumdrum
03-15-2013, 03:05 PM
yep, thats it.

needforspeed
03-17-2013, 12:17 PM
I had a leak that I could not find over a 2 year period, in the end it was one of my MCP355 pumps that had been leaking .. actually finally stopped working and was burnt out.. it never leaked into the case. and i never suspected it. after changing leak went away.