PDA

View Full Version : First Lian Li Chassis With Motherboard Railing System - PC-9N

Lian Li Tech
02-21-2013, 02:01 AM
We have just officially announced our first chassis with that implements our new railing system motherboard tray - PC-9N (http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=639&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=62&g=f). Tell us what you think.

For the Americans out there, the PC-9N will be available at the end of February.
For everyone else expect it to arrive in stores around the end of March.

UrbanVoyeur
02-26-2013, 12:15 PM
I think there should be more hard drive mounts. Why so few in a case that big?

Lian Li Tech
03-05-2013, 12:50 AM
The idea for the PC-9N was to make a simple, back to basics case (excluding the rail motherboard mounting), therefore we did not want to go overboard with hard drive bays. While it is true that we have mini-ITX cases with more HDD bays than the PC-9N (namely the PC-Q25 (http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=584&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=64&g=f) and PC-Q18 (http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=608&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=64&g=f)), this was not the target we were going for with this case.

Not to answer a question with a question, but how many drives do you usually use in a mid tower case?

Bobsama
03-05-2013, 06:00 AM
More drive mounts is where I'm at, too. My server has 5 3.5" drives, my main has 5 3.5" drives + 1 2.5" drive.

UrbanVoyeur
03-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Not to answer a question with a question, but how many drives do you usually use in a mid tower case?

I have two mid towers, both Lian Li. One has 6 HD's (3x 3.5, 3x 2.5) and 2 DVD's, the other has 10 HD's (6x 3.5, 4x 2.5) and 2 DVD's

Seems to me that it is a waste of space to make a case as large as the 9N with so few HD slots. If I want a system with just a couple of HD's I'll use a very small case.

Ivanlabrie
03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
I remove hdd cages...I use an ssd and an hdd. I consider myself more of an overclocker and bencher than a gamer, and don't store loads of pics or whatnot.
I prefer maximum performance and cooling prowess over hdd bays.

I think this case would be ideal for someone like me, although I'd mod the front panel to accomodate a second 140mm front intake, aiming at the gpu area.
The front to back, bottom to top flow doesn't make sense to me (air heated by gpu pointed at the cpu cooler...no go)

UrbanVoyeur
03-07-2013, 10:37 AM
I'd mod the front panel to accomodate a second 140mm front intake, aiming at the gpu area.
Good idea. +1

M.Beier
03-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Looks good, but room for improvement, I'm totally on to the X2000 chassie, unfortunately its 700 USD here....
But please, make chassies with optical and SSD above or below mobo, making it a SHORT chassie - just fans in front and directly towards mobo and graphics cards, no crap (such as HDD/SSD) blocking the path... :)

Just direct airflow, which will allow very low RPM on fans and still great performance - killing noise and heat, what more could one wish for? ;)
So, why do I even want a chassie?
- Its nice to hide the hardware a bit, and those dustfilters in every intake sure do serve me well!