PDA

View Full Version : TJ07 480mm Quad radiator roof mod?

kcaj
01-31-2013, 06:19 AM
I'm looking at making a dual loop setup with two Alphacool Nexxus UT60 480mm rads and want to do it all internal. I've seen this done on a Corsair 800D by relocating the PSU to the front mid-level bay and situating one rad in the bottom section and one on the roof. I much prefer the look of the Silverstone TJ07 so was wondering if it was possible to do the same roof mod as I've not seen anyone fit anything larger than 360mm triple rads in the roof. From the dimensions of the case it doesn't seem like it would be a problem, but i'm unsure as to the thickness of rad that can fit in the roof due to clearence of the motherboard.

Any input is greatly appreciated :)

Avathar77
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm looking at making a dual loop setup with two Alphacool Nexxus UT60 480mm rads and want to do it all internal. I've seen this done on a Corsair 800D by relocating the PSU to the front mid-level bay and situating one rad in the bottom section and one on the roof. I much prefer the look of the Silverstone TJ07 so was wondering if it was possible to do the same roof mod as I've not seen anyone fit anything larger than 360mm triple rads in the roof. From the dimensions of the case it doesn't seem like it would be a problem, but i'm unsure as to the thickness of rad that can fit in the roof due to clearence of the motherboard.

Any input is greatly appreciated :)

there you have it :)

kcaj
01-31-2013, 04:08 PM
there you have it :)

Perhaps a bump on the roof? So, fans are internal pushing up and rad is either on the roof with a raised grill/mesh or slightly through the roof so partially internel/external? I currently have a triple rad on spacers on the top of my antec p182se case and it looks respectable to me.

CryptiK
01-31-2013, 04:24 PM
You could try it with a swiftech rad, they are about the thinnest, however when I measured mine up I decided against it because I couldnt fit decent fans there + rad. You can get a quad and single (or double if you use an MCP255 pump or a dual bay res/pump) underneath though, how much rad do you need?

kcaj
01-31-2013, 04:49 PM
You could try it with a swiftech rad, they are about the thinnest, however when I measured mine up I decided against it because I couldnt fit decent fans there + rad. You can get a quad and single (or double if you use an MCP255 pump or a dual bay res/pump) underneath though, how much rad do you need?

I currently have an Antec P182 SE with dual bay res (Kollance RP-452X2) (one half empty, waiting to be used for a second loop ;) ) with a single MCP655 installed and a full cover EK GTX 470 block, i2700k @ 4.5ghz under an EK Supreme HF block and a Thermochill TA 360 radiator with 3 x Gentle Typhoons (1800rpm version limited to approximately <=1000rpm with a fan controller) which sits atop the case.

I'm wanting an upgrade on cooling, seperating CPU and GPU into seperate loops and making my system quieter. A large case that I can pad with foam to silence it, whilst putting all fans inside to minimise noise, and massive cooling potential so fans can run at minimum whilst overclocked, and leaving overhead for future CPU and GPU upgrades.

Matic
02-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Swiftech black ice rads wil fit with normal 25mm thick fans, I have a tripple rad mod on top and it fits. If you go with a thicker rad you can use 18 or 20 mm thick fans to get proper cleareance.

kcaj
02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Swiftech black ice rads wil fit with normal 25mm thick fans, I have a tripple rad mod on top and it fits. If you go with a thicker rad you can use 18 or 20 mm thick fans to get proper cleareance. Is there any chance of an exact measurement for the space I would have for the rad?

Matic
02-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Sorry, cant help you with that at the moment. I have rebuild my case and the roof radiator is out because the 480 only has to cool an 3570.

CryptiK
02-08-2013, 01:20 AM
You can easily fit a quad rad + dual rad in the pedestal of the TJ07, no need to put one on the roof (outside) too and ruin the clean lines unless you want moar rad for epeen or you are running quad SLI GTX480's in which case you'd be better to upgrade to 600 series which run quote cool by comparison. I'm using a 990x and SLI GTX680's on a single 480 rad with fans ~1200rpm and temps are fine.