PDA

View Full Version : Long long loop

BrightCandle
01-01-2013, 04:00 AM
My loop has grown slowly over the years, but I now notice that the water is noticeably moving less quickly around just from the turbulence in the reservoir. I am a tad concerned that my current plans for expansion might really tip the scales:

2x Swiftech MCR 320 + 1 Swiftech MCR 480
HK 3.0 CPU block
2x HK 680 GPU block
HK Asus X79 VRM + NB blocks
XSPC 2 bay reservoir

I intend to use 2 DDC Ultra's with an EK dual top. Ideally I don't want to split the loop, its a pain in the backside routing it because of the reservoir space but will if I have to. Does it look like I will have sufficient pump push with dual pumps?

Church
01-01-2013, 06:57 AM
less quickly isn't always not quick enough. Importance of flow often is overrated. You don't always need magic 1gpm by all means. Also not always flow resistance/pressured drop comes just from components as is - sometimes after long use (especially with colored premix coolants) there might be some gunk in micropin/microchannel blocks that's worth cleaning out. 2 ddc+ should be more then adequate for listed components (i'd maybe get by even with just one of 'em, with putting gpu blocks in parallel).

tiborrr
01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I.e.: with Supremacy there is less than 0.4?C gain when going from 300L/h to 400L/h, you simply don't need much pumping power for our product to perform. As for the coloured premixes gunking up I am always first fingerpointing to leeched plasticizer from the tubing that has absorbed the colour of coolant.