PDA

View Full Version : HTML Coding

Waymon3X6
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Hi Guys,

I am attempting to create a simple website in HTML. I have my website laid out the way I like it in Powerpoint, and would like to import that exact format into Expression Web. I want all the pages to fit to the viewer's screen so there will be no scrolling involved. Can I PM any of you guys my Powerpoint and have you convert it to HTML?

Thanks guys
Ray

s1nykuL
11-06-2012, 06:06 AM
I am unsure as to what you are wanting here. Do you want someone to create an html version of a Powerpoint presentation or do you want the presentation you created converting into html?

For the latter: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerpoint-help/save-a-presentation-as-html-or-mhtml-HP003082206.aspx or Google : "powerpoint to html"

For the former what you are asking is not trivial and depending on the complexity of the page can take hours. It is not a challenge, which many coders are willing embrace. It is a chore, which many coders will want to avoid.

I don't use Microsoft applications for anything if I can help it, so cannot provide hints and tips on using them for web development, I use a text editor for html. I do know that Powerpoint is not really the way to go. Word maybe better, even more better are a lot of the free or cheap web designer software suites out there. Again Google is pretty good at locating these things. I recommend taking a look at Xara/Magix products, I like their vector graphics apps and they do some web dev suites.

desnudopenguino
11-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Yeah... This can be quite a challenge, depending on how much stuff you have on the slides. I could do it probably. PM me and we can work something out.